College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We could have had Mo Wilkerson instead of Taylor too, the talent was there. Justin Houston instead of Little a round later as well...

Who did you want Mangini to take at 5? BJ Raji?  At this point you're complaining just to complain.

No, I'm illustrating that we've constantly done bad when trading down, so maybe a good idea would be to keep our high picks and take consensus impact players. I think we'll have a higher hit rate with that strategy (especially since we don't have an all-world personnel department and a guy who knows next to nothing about personnel calling the final shots) 

To be honest....

im fine with trading down from either pick but probably Houston’s again if we get a 2019 first rounder

2019 first round is just ridiculous 

Ed Oliver 

Dexter Lawrence

Rashan Gary

Nick Bosa 

Marlon Davidson

man oh man you get one of those top 3 to play 3 tech here between Garrett and Ogbah that’d have special potential 

32 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

No, I'm illustrating that we've constantly done bad when trading down, so maybe a good idea would be to keep our high picks and take consensus impact players. I think we'll have a higher hit rate with that strategy (especially since we don't have an all-world personnel department and a guy who knows next to nothing about personnel calling the final shots) 

Unless you're ready to declare rookies and second year guys busts, you're talking about the results of other regimes, not this one.

This regime stayed at 1 and selected the consensus best player just last season.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

To be honest....

im fine with trading down from either pick but probably Houston’s again if we get a 2019 first rounder

2019 first round is just ridiculous 

Ed Oliver 

Dexter Lawrence

Rashan Gary

Nick Bosa 

Marlon Davidson

man oh man you get one of those top 3 to play 3 tech here between Garrett and Ogbah that’d have special potential 

Oliver will be the #1 pick I’m calling it now

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Helluva limb you're going out on there lol.

I'd bet against it. Just because stuff happens year to year and the #1 overall is usually a QB if there's a good one. If Darnold goes back it could be him. It could definitely be Justin Herbert too, he'll be a true Junior and he's 6'6 225 and has had a fantastic sophomore year.

20 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd bet against it. Just because stuff happens year to year and the #1 overall is usually a QB if there's a good one. If Darnold goes back it could be him. It could definitely be Justin Herbert too, he'll be a true Junior and he's 6'6 225 and has had a fantastic sophomore year.

I get that, I'm just saying the kid is viewed by most as a lock for the top 5-10 unless he craps the bed next season.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get that, I'm just saying the kid is viewed by most as a lock for the top 5-10 unless he craps the bed next season.

For sure.

Mostly I just wanted to get the Justin Herbert hype train rolling and establish my place as conductor. 

19 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Oliver will be the #1 pick I’m calling it now

Dude is dominant on a Suh at Nebraska level, if he can take it to a higher level his Junior season(or be productive while receiving tons of blocking schemes towards him) I can see it. But conversely, its all about QBs so he will have to be super, extra special to go #1 over some prospective QB dude.

Take Sam Darnold 1st overall then trade Houston 1st and 2nd, Philadelphia's 2nd, both 4ths and both 5ths to San Francisco for 2nd overall and take Saquan Barkley. With the 1st pick in the 2nd round we take Courtland Sutton and then the 1st pick in round 3 we take the best OT or best pass rusher on the board

Sam Darnold

Saquan Barkley

Courtland Sutton

Tyquan Lewis/Martianas Rankins

I would say we would be a playoff threat the following year for sure if not this year.

3 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Take Sam Darnold 1st overall then trade Houston 1st and 2nd, Philadelphia's 2nd, both 4ths and both 5ths to San Francisco for 2nd overall and take Saquan Barkley. With the 1st pick in the 2nd round we take Courtland Sutton and then the 1st pick in round 3 we take the best OT or best pass rusher on the board

Sam Darnold

Saquan Barkley

Courtland Sutton

I would say we would be a playoff threat the following year for sure if not this year.

You really think Barkley is worth the 2nd pick????!!

I kid, I kid....

6 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Take Sam Darnold 1st overall then trade Houston 1st and 2nd, Philadelphia's 2nd, both 4ths and both 5ths to San Francisco for 2nd overall and take Saquan Barkley. 

In a RB rich draft, that is an INSANE overpay for a RB. I mean, in ANY draft that's bad, but in one with multiple possible 1st round RBs? That's crazy.

You are giving up SEVEN picks for one guy. SEVEN. As in roughly what STL gave up to move up like 14 spots to take a QB #1 overall. I mean. Dang man. I don't think I would trade that much for ANY RB including Fournette/Zeke/Etc.

58 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

In a RB rich draft, that is an INSANE overpay for a RB. I mean, in ANY draft that's bad, but in one with multiple possible 1st round RBs? That's crazy.

You are giving up SEVEN picks for one guy. SEVEN. As in roughly what STL gave up to move up like 14 spots to take a QB #1 overall. I mean. Dang man. I don't think I would trade that much for ANY RB including Fournette/Zeke/Etc.

Yeah, that one is an easy no for me, especially since Fitzpatrick should be available at our second 1st rounder.

7 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Sam Darnold

Saquan Barkley

Courtland Sutton

I am all for using our later round picks to move up this year and gain picks for next year, but this would be a waste of those picks.

Archived