College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I agree to a point, but:

If we draft an OT in the Top 10, I'll scream.

If we draft an ILB in the 1st/2nd, I'll scream.

If we draft a DE in the 1st/2nd, I'll scream.

If we draft an OG in the 1st/2nd, I'll scream.

Aside from this, I 100% agree. Heck, I wouldn't mind a stud TE in the mix somewhere. A receiving/blocking threat that creates personnel mis-matches (2 TE sets, will we run or pass?) and Red Zone threat would be fine to pair with Njoku.

Yeah, Mark Andrews to go with our QBOTF for familiarity would be great.  I could see him lasting til mid-late 2nd round so maybe with our Eagles pick would be nice.  Also, I agree with everything you wrote, though there are a few outliers--Harold Landry or Roquon Smith falling to #33 would make me interested for value alone.  But yeah, we're the Browns so there will be a lot of screaming:

Draft day :D:

1. Josh Allen / 1b. Trade down thirteen slots from pick 4 overall to get future first--Mitch Hyatt OT / 2a. Deon Cain WR / 2b. Shaun Dion Hamilton LB / 2c. Kevin Tolliver CB / 3. Your favorite box SS remaining / 4. Plodding RB / 4b. CB to convert to WR / 5. WR to convert to CB / 5b. blocking TE / 6. FS / 7. Nose tackle depth 

How'd I do? 

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, Mark Andrews to go with our QBOTF for familiarity would be great.  I could see him lasting til mid-late 2nd round so maybe with our Eagles pick would be nice.  Also, I agree with everything you wrote, though there are a few outliers--Harold Landry or Roquon Smith falling to #33 would make me interested for value alone.  But yeah, we're the Browns so there will be a lot of screaming:

Draft day :D:

1. Josh Allen / 1b. Trade down thirteen slots from pick 4 overall to get future first--Mitch Hyatt OT / 2a. Deon Cain WR / 2b. Shaun Dion Hamilton LB / 2c. Kevin Tolliver CB / 3. Your favorite box SS remaining / 4. Plodding RB / 4b. CB to convert to WR / 5. WR to convert to CB / 5b. blocking TE / 6. FS / 7. Nose tackle depth 

How'd I do? 

You forgot the 30 year old QB, the 5th round LB who would never even sign due to an arrest that everyone knew was going to happen, the dumb DL who broke his foot trying to steal a keg, taking the 3rd of 4th rated Dlineman over the consensus best DL in the class just because the coach recruited him some years ago, the Top 50 pick spent on a Dlineman who is going to make the transition to LB, the WR with notoriously shakey hands, I mean we haven't drafted a center in the 1st round in awhile either, It has also been too long since we burnt a 4th on a FB, and how can you forget the owner overriding the FO because of the conversation he had with a homeless man?

We truly are the worst drafting organization ever. Not that we are just bad at it but it seems like we are just dumb. We go out of our way to make things harder than they really are. If we could just draft smart by shear statistics alone we would hit on many more picks.

I'm rooting hard for Baker to completely lay an egg in his Big 12 Title game AND their bowl game so that we can go ahead and draft Darnold #1 and then turn around and get Baker in Round 4 as a project/insurance policy just like the RGIII and Cousins draft. It won't happen, but I'm rooting for it. I want no part of Mayfield in Rounds 1-2 but I'd like him as a guy that intrigues me.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm rooting hard for Baker to completely lay an egg in his Big 12 Title game AND their bowl game so that we can go ahead and draft Darnold #1 and then turn around and get Baker in Round 4 as a project/insurance policy just like the RGIII and Cousins draft. It won't happen, but I'm rooting for it. I want no part of Mayfield in Rounds 1-2 but I'd like him as a guy that intrigues me.

RG3/Cousins is a good comparison for situation...

2 hours ago, Dogbite said:

We truly are the worst drafting organization ever. Not that we are just bad at it but it seems like we are just dumb. We go out of our way to make things harder than they really are. If we could just draft smart by shear statistics alone we would hit on many more picks.

I thought you were an anti-FO guy? There have been multiple stories in the last couple years, and analysis done, on how this is basically what they're doing. They're taking guys who test well athletically and have serious production at the college level. As you say, "just drafting by shear statistics".

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I thought you were an anti-FO guy? There have been multiple stories in the last couple years, and analysis done, on how this is basically what they're doing. They're taking guys who test well athletically and have serious production at the college level. As you say, "just drafting by shear statistics".

I like our Front Office. I am anti Hue Jackson. Notice that all those horrendous examples I gave were pre Sashi/Analytic/Ivy League Front Office. The only one thing that might fit into my complains would be Ricardo Louis and the WRs with shaky hands high, but that was a middle round pick. I was more referring to Quincy Morgan, Greg Little, Dennis Northcutt, Braylon Edwards, Travis Wilson, and Andre Davis. All of those guys were Top 75 picks and the biggest knocks on their game was inconsistent hands. I was even okay with the Robiskie pick. He failed but it had nothing to do with him not being able to catch in college.

17 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I like our Front Office. I am anti Hue Jackson. Notice that all those horrendous examples I gave were pre Sashi/Analytic/Ivy League Front Office. The only one thing that might fit into my complains would be Ricardo Louis and the WRs with shaky hands high, but that was a middle round pick. I was more referring to Quincy Morgan, Greg Little, Dennis Northcutt, Braylon Edwards, Travis Wilson, and Andre Davis. All of those guys were Top 75 picks and the biggest knocks on their game was inconsistent hands. I was even okay with the Robiskie pick. He failed but it had nothing to do with him not being able to catch in college.

Gooooootcha. Lots of new guys this year (which is awesome), I'm still sorting out who is who.

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If we draft an OT in the Top 10, I'll scream.

If we draft an ILB in the 1st/2nd, I'll scream.

If we draft a DE in the 1st/2nd, I'll scream.

If we draft an OG in the 1st/2nd, I'll scream.

Either you’ve built up a nice tolerance over the years, or you lose your voice every third or fourth weekend in April. 

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Either you’ve built up a nice tolerance over the years, or you lose your voice every third or fourth weekend in April. 

This is looking like a draft that we cannot even mess up.

Not the lead pipe cinch the decision to take Garrett last year was but picking Darnold or Rosen at/near the top is a no-brainer and automatically makes it a good draft at worst.

Archived