College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

37 minutes ago, bruceb said:

207 QB rating? 9_9

With him i feel safe if he hasn’t dumped the ball off in 4 seconds. That dump off to perryman was a safety with kizer. 

No doubt now darnold is your 1# overall period. Sign a vet qb he can learn the speed of the game from and let our franchise qb develop. Take him and don’t look back or regret it. 

That is all

mc

3 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

With him i feel safe if he hasn’t dumped the ball off in 4 seconds. That dump off to perryman was a safety with kizer. 

No doubt now darnold is your 1# overall period. Sign a vet qb he can learn the speed of the game from and let our franchise qb develop. Take him and don’t look back or regret it. 

That is all

mc

Agree.

Fell in love with Rosen after the head-to-head and still love him as a pure passer, but Darnold is special.

Only way we can screw this up is by keeping Hue. AKA the guy with QB Guru title on his resume but has the reverse-Midas touch at QB. Fire him. Put the restraining order into effect. Attract an actual QB guy that’s going to be excited to coach our rookie. Then, sign your veteran mentor and draft Darnold. Real easy process here. 

I was leading the Darnold bandwagon early last season not long after he became the starter. Last night solidified it. He's a special player and if he ever reaches his full potential, he'll be one of the best QBs in the league. 

Football Gods, please, I implore you to make him declare for the draft.

Darnold #1

RoJo in the 2nd somewhere

For those of you who are saying Rosen is you guy can I ask what do you guys see in him that is any different than Brad Kaaya?

I am not asking to argue so please no comments aimed at putting me down or ripping the idea. I already know I am no scout especially of QBs. I am asking because I truly would like to know the difference between the two. I watch and I feel like I am watching the same guy with Rosen being a little more mobile.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I was leading the Darnold bandwagon early last season not long after he became the starter. Last night solidified it. He's a special player and if he ever reaches his full potential, he'll be one of the best QBs in the league. 

Football Gods, please, I implore you to make him declare for the draft.

Darnold #1

RoJo in the 2nd somewhere

Pretty sure everyone was on that bandwagon almost immediately.

10 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Maybe. I can't really remember. Wouldn't be surprised though. I know a good few wanted Trubisky. Some Mahomes. A couple wanted Watson. And a certain someone wanted Kizer!

I was pretty much in the same boat as last year as I am this year. I wanted Myles Garrett and DeShaun Watson #1 and #2 overall with a hefty trade up to get the #2 pick. Obviously getting to look at things in the review mirror I see we could have Watson without a trade up. I did go back and forth many times on who to take at #1 and risk losing if we couldn't trade up.

They were the clear cut 2 best prospects in the draft last year and I would have given up a lot of our picks to make it happen. I would love to see Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley this time around as they are the clear cut 2 best prospect in the draft this year.

1 minute ago, Dogbite said:

I was pretty much in the same boat as last year as I am this year. I wanted Myles Garrett and DeShaun Watson #1 and #2 overall with a hefty trade up to get the #2 pick. Obviously getting to look at things in the review mirror I see we could have Watson without a trade up. I did go back and forth many times on who to take at #1 and risk losing if we couldn't trade up.

They were the clear cut 2 best prospects in the draft last year and I would have given up a lot of our picks to make it happen. I would love to see Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley this time around as they are the clear cut 2 best prospect in the draft this year.

Oh man you must have been devastated when we personally gift wrapped Watson for the Texans.

Here's hoping we correct it this year.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Oh man you must have been devastated when we personally gift wrapped Watson for the Texans.

Here's hoping we correct it this year.

Yes in the first few seconds after it happened and then I remembered I liked Sam Darnold better anyway and that our team was not ready for a franchise QB to have any real success. I talked myself into it being okay. After months and months to think about it I think it was 50/50. It is hard to pass on a franchise QB but I believe it help to build the team to support a QB much better and we still have a shot at a franchise QB.

I think this year would be stupid to pass on a franchise QB because the team is ready to take a step forward with their talent and we could easily win 4-6 games taking us out of a premium pick needed to land that QB. We were going to pick.

I also live in the heart of enemy territory and I was watching the draft at a sports bar. I could not let my emotions show through or I would have had to hear all night long how the Browns blew it again. I had to play it cool as if the Browns made the right call and talk it up.

If Darnold declares I get a feeling that this will be a lot like the draft where Eli and Rivers had all that drama. I'd take either Darnold or Rosen, but I really like Rosen, especially since he comes without allegations of not wanting to play for the Browns. 

Archived