College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I'd be overjoyed with something like:

1a. Sam Darnold, QB, USC

1b. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

Make some moves to ensure we have two picks right at the top of the 2nd round. With those picks, take Ronald Jones, RB, USC and Christian Kirk, WR, A&M. I'd also double down on Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis. Him and Kirk are both not the massive WR we could use but I've seen enough of them to believe they will be impactful in the pros. 

I don't believe JG is around much longer but the WR depth would be awesome for once.

Darnold throwing to Gordon, Coleman, Kirk, Miller, Njoku, Duke and Devalve, whilst being able to hand the ball off to his college RB. It would be a great offensive situation for a rookie to step into. Especially if the o-line could hold up and Fitzpatrick added to the rising young defense started to become talent rich and dominant.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I'd be overjoyed with something like:

1a. Sam Darnold, QB, USC

1b. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

Make some moves to ensure we have two picks right at the top of the 2nd round. With those picks, take Ronald Jones, RB, USC and Christian Kirk, WR, A&M. I'd also double down on Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis. Him and Kirk are both not the massive WR we could use but I've seen enough of them to believe they will be impactful in the pros. 

I don't believe JG is around much longer but the WR depth would be awesome for once.

Darnold throwing to Gordon, Coleman, Kirk, Miller, Njoku, Duke and Devalve, whilst being able to hand the ball off to his college RB. It would be a great offensive situation for a rookie to step into. Especially if the o-line could hold up and Fitzpatrick added to the rising young defense started to become talent rich and dominant.

tenor.gif?itemid=5391625

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Don't get the Fitzpatrick love. Derwin James is a better safety prospect. Its a moot point because we won't draft another S in the 1st round. I think they will let Peppers grow and they like Kindred's growth.

I didn't see James in his freshman year when he was getting big hype. Only seen him this year, against Louisville and another team I can't remember. He didn't look very good in those to be honest. Kind of stiff. It made me think of Taylor Mays.

Maybe it was just those games though and I caught him at his worst.

I’ll say this about James 

hes still a fantastic player

but since his injury I haven’t seen him do the elite deep covering he showed as a freshman 

id rather have Minkah who is a ball hawk

James is still a greatness player but from what I’ve seen so far I wouldn’t want him living in the deep middle 

btw

Darnold vs OSU is so dope 

21 hours ago, bruceb said:

Last night Darnold looked like a better-than-Big Ben prospect.

In our division, for our team, it's Darnold for me.

Darnold came out & clarified he never said or suggested skipping the draft if the Browns held #1.  If he comes out, he's the pick and it isn't even close.  Dude wreaks "clutch."  Draft a S next so Peppers can move to SS and be closer to the LOS where he belongs, then go WR/RB with some 2nd and/or our 3rd round pick.  FA a CB and a WR, find a vet QB to add to the mix and then see where things go.  

Archived