College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Oh and we also need a coverage linebacker. If we are going to run zone as much as we do, fine. But you had better have linebackers that can drop and cover the gigantic gap we create by moving our FS 30 yards off the ball.

And how about a legitimate FS to use Peppers better?

19 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And how about a legitimate FS to use Peppers better?

Yeah that would be nice...or just don't play your safeties so far back. It creates giant seams in your defense. I hate this. Here's my interpretation of our defensive setup:

Zone defense. Teams can run intermediate routes (15 yard posts, in's, comebacks) and then a sliding route underneath (RB arrow, TE arrow, WR drag). Our linebackers have to drop so far back to cover the void in the 15 yard hole that the underneath stuff is insanely wide open. Moving your safeties up closes that gap and keeps the LB's closer to the underneath stuff. We are picking our poison when we continually run zone with gigantic spaces to work with. I freaking hate this about our defense.

All that being said, our defense is the last thing that concerns me with this organization.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Let us hope not.

If Kizer just gets the ball in the general area of his WRs the Browns win this game 28-19. His complete inability to hit a WR more than 15 yards away is staggering.

Draft whoever #1 and take Mayfield with the Texans pick. Mayfield is incredibly accurate especially downfield. He wouldnt miss Josh Gordon 5x downfield like Kizer did in this game. McCarron isnt fixing anything and all he would be is another Cody Kessler type backup who is never going to win you a game because of his play alone.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If Kizer just gets the ball in the general area of his WRs the Browns win this game 28-19. His complete inability to hit a WR more than 15 yards away is staggering.

Draft whoever #1 and take Mayfield with the Texans pick. Mayfield is incredibly accurate especially downfield. He wouldnt miss Josh Gordon 5x downfield like Kizer did in this game. McCarron isnt fixing anything and all he would be is another Cody Kessler type backup who is never going to win you a game because of his play alone.

Kizer is Spergon Wynn inaccurate.

Darnold and Mayfield?

And may the best man win?

Would be nice but we still have other needs.

Just now, bruceb said:

Kizer is Spergon Wynn inaccurate.

Darnold and Mayfield?

And may the best man win?

Would be nice but we still have other needs.

You need an accurate QB period. Kizer is the complete opposite of efficient and accurate. It blows my mind how he cant even throw a jump ball. How is it possible to be so inaccurate you cant even throw it where Josh Gordon can even make a play on the ball. I mean, I can do that. Put me in and I can throw 20 yard lobs. Kizer is so inaccurate he overthrows WRs by 5 yards on jump balls.

Archived