College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You need an accurate QB period. Kizer is the complete opposite of efficient and accurate. It blows my mind how he cant even throw a jump ball. How is it possible to be so inaccurate you cant even throw it where Josh Gordon can even make a play on the ball. I mean, I can do that. Put me in and I can throw 20 yard lobs. Kizer is so inaccurate he overthrows WRs by 5 yards on jump balls.

Good to know that I am not the only one noticing this.

Spergon Kizer.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Darnold, trade down, have some fun and get a couple of impact players.

No more trade downs. No more risks. Take the best QB and the Best Playmakers. Don’t trade for picks next year. Stay out grab the absolute best players. 

5 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

No more trade downs. No more risks. Take the best QB and the Best Playmakers. Don’t trade for picks next year. Stay out grab the absolute best players. 

You sound a little desperate.

What if the best playmaker plays on D?

What if there are quality RBs later in the draft?

What if we need 2019 draft capital to put the cheery on the sundae?

Like JT's replacement?

Woof!

18 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Assuming we trade down with the Texans pick we'll have likely the 1st overall pick as well as 5 others in the top 65, we have plenty of picks to add talent to this team, why not stock the war chest for 2019 and 2020 if able?

After watching him yesterday and going and watching his leadership and career, I am officially on the Roquan Smith hype train. 

And regarding Mayfield, I'm not sure why we keep seeing Drew Brees comparisons, when his play is so similar to Russell Wilson's. 

You guys know me, I said we’d lament the day we didn’t take rothlesburgr (sp). I said we’d lament the day we didn’t take Wentz like we lamented the day we didn’t take rithlesburger (sp). If we have the number one pick and Darnold comes out we have a 3rd time to finally take rufeeburger (sp). Will this finally be the time?

as I’ve said Darnold can play in any system. He’s clearly qb #1. His pocket awareness is elite. Haven’t seen this ability in a long time. It’s unreal. 

Rosen can play in any system and be good. He can be elite in a horizontal/West Coast system. 

I have no doubt mayfield can play in the nfl. He is super efficient in his throws. Super quick at seeing the field. And super accurate to get the ball out. His off field antics have to be evaluated. I saw a video of him a couple weeks ago pegging a guy in the head with the football that was unnecessary. So if he can reign himself in he could be good. Oh and the Manziel comps are crap. He is superior as qb over Manziel. Like by a ton. 

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Absolutely right on. We gave away Julio Jones and Wentz, how many stars are we going to trade down and lose???

I like all three QBs. Darnold by far the most though. 

I'm actually having a tough time picking between Rosen and Mayfield for #2. Originally it was Rosen because he's more prototypical but I have to be honest, I keep having this image in my head of him being smashed around in the AFC North. I don't care if his measurables say 6"4, 220. He's a skinny guy. And he's already made a habit of missing a season with a busted shoulder and then more games with concussions and other bits. That's in college. It won't get better when you're getting rocked by dirty Steelers, Ravens and Bengals. Darnold is built like a brick ****house on the other hand. Mayfield's small but he's thick, and can move around to avoid getting smashed. Durability has to be a big part of the evaluation when considering our division. I'm not saying Rosen is soft, he actually comes across as quite tough with the punishment he takes, it's just that he is physically frail compared to the others.

Mayfield also is the best player in college. That counts for something. When he outplays everyone else each week, it's hard not to let that skew your pro evaluation. That being said, his scheme is so favourable. He's passing to wide open guys under no pressure so often. But he's still making the plays... showing the arm talent, athletic ability and leadership. It's easier to watch Rosen and see the pro concepts, tight window throws. But you can only ding Mayfield on that so much. As I say, he still makes the plays that are drawn up for him.

I got to thinking about if Darnold stays in school. Say the Giants are picking #2. Rosen is very similar to Eli in playstyle. I wonder what we could get from trading back one spot from #2 to #3? Imagine swapping picks with them, adding a QB ransom haul, and then still taking Mayfield at #3. Or even continue to trade down if applicable to a point where you know it is safe and you can still grab Mayfield yet get some mad picks. I know what I'm describing is basically Madden but I think the Giants trade at least would be realistic.

That's all if Darnold doesn't declare. If he does, I'm taking him number one immediately and never looking back. Then I'm loading his offense.

Sorry I meant trading back with the Giants from #1 to #2. Convince them we love Rosen but like our track record shows with Wentz and Watson, we are willing to give him up if you give us a boatload. We grab the ransom and then go ahead and take the QB we always preferred anyway. Baker.

14 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

No more trade downs. No more risks.

Trading down is literally all about mitigating risk. Like, the whole mathematical and practical theory behind it is that you get more picks in a range with a similar bust% to the pick you had originally and you have less chance to get a zero return on investment. You just asked them to do two opposite things.

Archived