HB Final Mock Draft

Humble_Beast

1. Raquon Smith - MLB  - Comes and is a defense leader for the next decade

2. Isiah Oliver - CB - great spot to add a talented corner

3. Dorrance Armstrong - Edge - elite athlete, and pass rusher. Team needs to have more pass rushing options

4.  PJ Hall - DT  - sleeper. - a little short and from a small school. but he might be the most talented DT

5. Parry Nickerson - CB - projected to play in the slot and give depth. Runs a 4.32 and plays game with a passion. CB unit has been weak for years

5.  Braxton Berrios WR - could win the slot spot. Is a gamer and projects as a stud slot wideout

6. Michael Dickson-  P - best punter in the class. 6th round is good value for a punter

6. Javon Rolland - Jones  -Edge  - small school player, but showed elite ability to rush the qb

6. Jordan Mailata, OT South Sydney - new to football, but has the ideal tackle traits

6.Antonio Callaway - WR - trouble character, but A talent. worth a risk in the 6th

7.  Hercules Mataa'afa -DE - tweener, but is as gamer. 

Raiders post 2018 draft

QB: Carr, Manuel, Cook/Johnson

RB: Lynch, Martin, Washington, Richard

FB: Smith

WR: Cooper, Nelson, Roberts, Berrios, Callaway, Holton

TE: Cook, Smith, Carrier

T: Penn, Gio, Sharpe, Ware/Mailata

G: KO, Jackson, Alexander, Kirkland

C: Hudson, Feli

DE: Mack, Edwards, Tank, Armstrong, Mataa'fa/Calhoun 

DT: Ellis, Vanderdoes, Hall, Hester, Ward/Latham

MLB: Smith , Lee/Morrow

OLB: Irvin, Whitehead, James, Wilber/Lamar, Jones

CB: Melvin, Conely, Oliver, Nickerson, McDonald, Wright/Hall

S: Joseph, Obi, Gilchrist, Luani

P/K/LS : Dickinson, Giorgio,  Depaulo

Thoughts? We get a defensive leader/warrior, a first round corner, edge rushers, punter, a  few gambles and projects at areas of need. Would set up to draft a LT early in 2019 which is a better tackle class. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Too rich on Armstrong. You're way to liberal with the word "elite" if he or Roland-Jones were "elite" pass rushers. Neither would have a day 3 grade. 

Berrios - He's a 7th to UFA. 5th is a waste

Dickson - best punter in the class and in a handful of years. You're not getting "value" in the 6th round with Dickson. He will be gone in the 4th-5th.

Callaway - To talented to last that late

I like Roquan, Oliver and Hall

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Too rich on Armstrong. You're way to liberal with the word "elite" if he or Roland-Jones were "elite" pass rushers. Neither would have a day 3 grade. 

Berrios - He's a 7th to UFA. 5th is a waste

Dickson - best punter in the class and in a handful of years. You're not getting "value" in the 6th round with Dickson. He will be gone in the 4th-5th.

Callaway - To talented to last that late

I like Roquan, Oliver and Hall

Thanks for the assessment... I wouldn’t draft a punter until the 5th round, that is just my opinion. I don’t see punters running off the board. There is actually 2-3 really good punters in this class..Callaway might go undrafted for his character history. Berrios is a person favorite of mine. Team needs some pass rushers and I like the potential of Armstrong and Jones. Jones was the most productive pass rusher and I’ll roll the dice on day 3 for a situational pass rusher 

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Agreed with the above post but I really like rounds 1-2, 5, and both fives. Would like a rb at some point, and a tackle a little earlier, but I understand the defensive emphasis. Really like pj Hall.

I almost went that route with a RB T in the 3rd

Things I like:

• Two corners between rounds 1 and 5.
  • P.J. Hall.

Things I don't like:

• No tackles in the top 3 rounds; this is perhaps the team's greatest need.
  • Weak emphasis on receiver.
  • Dorance Armstrong: like others have stated, he's not an elite athlete, and it shows up on tape.
  • Callaway will be at least a 4th round pick, and that's pushing it. It's more likely he's a 3rd rounder.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Things I like:

• Two corners between rounds 1 and 5.
  • P.J. Hall.

Things I don't like:

• No tackles in the top 3 rounds; this is perhaps the team's greatest need.
  • Weak emphasis on receiver.
  • Dorance Armstrong: like others have stated, he's not an elite athlete, and it shows up on tape.
  • Callaway will be at least a 4th round pick, and that's pushing it. It's more likely he's a 3rd rounder.

I hear callaway might go undrafted 

dorrance Armstrong has desirable traits to develop into an edge rusher

hard to address all needs but I like the two wideouts I mocked us 

this tackle class sucks. Hate to draft for need with players who don’t have he juice. Rather just get a stud OT in 2019. I project Penn and Sharpe to start this year 

Edited by Humble_Beast

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

First of all why?

Secondly what the hell lol you had time to dig this up? 😂 

OCD is a hell of a drug...

Actually I've come across lots of interesting 2018 posts but leave most alone. However this being his 'final' mock it should mean this is what he really, really REALLY wanted. 

Maybe bumping his old ones gives him the attention  to not create new one. ^_^ Like I said, hell of a drug...

Edited by G
  • Like 1