Brandon Brooks Restructures; Creates $6.37 mil in space

Kiltman

16 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also....is anyone else concerned about all these restructures?

I know its all rainbows and unicorns right now because we're Super Bowl champs and reaping lower cap hits this year but in the long term all of these restructures are creating a "guaranteed money" timebomb that will blow up on the Eagles in a few years......right around the time we need to resign Ginger Jesus.

It is a credit card system for sure and not ideal at all. Although, im not overly worried about giving Lane, Brooks and Ertz more guarentees because they are still youngish and at the top of their games. 

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know its all rainbows and unicorns right now because we're Super Bowl champs and reaping lower cap hits this year but in the long term all of these restructures are creating a "guaranteed money" timebomb that will blow up on the Eagles in a few years......right around the time we need to resign Ginger Jesus.

I have faith in Howie.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

They are following the correct path here; Just restructure the core guys that are relatively young and playing at a high level. Yes, it's kicking the can a bit. But you have to account for all the money that will balance it out after this and next year. There's a lot of guys that won't be here or will make sense as cuts. 

Peters, Kendricks, Foles, McLeod, Jenkins, BG, Alshon, etc all big money guys that will/could be gone. 

And other guys that can restructure like Ertz, Cox, etc. 

We do need a young RB to come in though. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We do need a young RB to come in though. 

I'm not saying having a Stud Bell cow like a Saquon wouldn't be welcomed but given what he showed last season as a UDFA. Why are people so quick to dismiss Clement ( post Ajayi) as that RB moving forward given his size a skillet?

I know people still love to hate the Pumphrey pick but that type of RB will be a staple in DP offense moving forward IMO it just wasn't utilized last season with both His and Sproles injuries. It's coming though!

So that leaves both Clement and Pumphrey (I don't think for a second they have given up on) as RB to build around for the future. Why can't Clement be the #1 "if"/when Ajayi has severed his purpose, knee's have fallen off or no longer in their plans?

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm not saying having a Stud Bell cow like a Saquon wouldn't be welcomed but given what he showed last season as a UDFA. Why are people so quick to dismiss Clement ( post Ajayi) as that RB moving forward given his size a skillet?

I know people still love to hate the Pumphrey pick but that type of RB will be a staple in DP offense moving forward IMO it just wasn't utilized last season with both His and Sproles injuries. It's coming though!

So that leaves both Clement and Pumphrey (I don't think for a second they have given up on) as RB to build around for the future. Why can't Clement be the #1 "if"/when Ajayi has severed his purpose, knee's have fallen off or no longer in their plans?

I very much doubt they are resigning Ajayi. He may have a very good year upcoming and still Howie moves on. Clement is fine but I think you need a main 1st and 2nd down back. Pump could be anyone's guess at this point. But it's a position, I've always said, that you should keep relatively young and inexpensive. With all the RB by committee going on? there's more and more guys available to split the role. 

Archived