Sign in to follow this  
NickChowaniec

Nick's Draft Week Mock Draft!

Consider this both a realistic and dream mock from me! 

1. Browns - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2. Giants - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
3. Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
4. Browns - Bradley Chubb, EDGE, NC State
5. Broncos - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
6. Colts - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia 
7. **TRADE**

Buffalo Bills trade picks 12, 65, and a 2019 2nd Round Pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for picks 7 and 180.  

We make this trade to ensure we get our guy before a team like Miami or Arizona have enough ammo to make a move themselves. 

That said, with the 7th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

rosen.jpg

8. Bears - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
9. 49ers - Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
10. Raiders - Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
11. Dolphins - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

-- 

With the 22nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State

nfl-draft-leighton-vander-esch-boise-sta

Round 2, Pick 53:

Frank Ragnow, C/G, Arkansas

Round 2, Pick 56:

Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

Round 3, Pick 96:

Fred Warner, LB, BYU

I'm expecting someone to say "Why two LBers this early?". Lorenzo is obviously older and getting a versatile backer in Warner to provide quality depth, and eventually replace Alexander in 2019 or 2020 makes this a great pickup. I think Warner is a fantastic prospect that isn't getting enough recognition amongst the LBers in this class. A trio of Milano - LVE - Warner is pretty fun to think about.

Round 4, Pick 121:

Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

Round 5, Pick 166:

Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State

Round 6, Pick 180 (via TB):

Sean Welsh, G, Iowa

Round 6, Pick 187:

Jojo Wicker, DT, Arizona State

Would love to hear your thoughts! I'm not sure about you guys, but if we can pull something like this off, it would be my favorite overall draft in my lifetime. 

I like it except not a fan of memphis Wr as he is a slot receiver and both Zay and kerley likely fill that role. I see Rosen falling to 7 as more of a luxury then actually happening. Still thinking Denver or a team willing to trade with Colts would take him before bills can sit back and wait. All in all i like the mock solid players and not losing anything really with the trade

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I like it except not a fan of memphis Wr as he is a slot receiver and both Zay and kerley likely fill that role. I see Rosen falling to 7 as more of a luxury then actually happening. Still thinking Denver or a team willing to trade with Colts would take him before bills can sit back and wait. All in all i like the mock solid players and not losing anything really with the trade

Appreciate the feedback! If we need to move up further, so be it. One way or another I see us getting Rosen or unfortunately, Josh Allen.

Signing Kerley is irrelevant to me, and I hope to the staff. He was given a one year deal. It wouldn't be a surprise if he gets cut in camp too.

I've scouted Miller pretty heavily, and I have him as my number 1 WR believe it or not (not saying he'll actually go ahead of Ridley, Moore and others though). While I do agree that I see Miller as an ideal slot receiver, he has many of the characteristics that Antonio Brown has, and AB doesn't play slot exclusively. I think Miller can play all over the field too. Here are a few examples if you care to watch. He definitely has the ability to play outside, but I think his versatility to play all over plus his ability to stretch the field will entice Beane and co. 

Miller+-+UCLA+-+Diving.gif?format=1000w

Miller+-+UCONN+-+TD+:+Rake.gif?format=75 

Edited by NickChowaniec

Excellent mock

3 day 1 starters with Rosen, LVE and Ragnow. I'm meh on Anthony Miller but this Day 1 and 2 would be insane 

I think you nailed it on MIller.
He's more than a slot who can play the slot.
His low end is Jason Avant.
His high is Doug Baldwin.
He will need a QB, though otherwise you'll get a lot of Avant.