Raiders sign CB Daryl Worley

RaidersAreOne

i like this a lot, young, has shown potential, and i am sure was cheap.

it seems we know have 3 capable players in him, Conley and Rashaan Melvin. With none of them given that #1 spot*, i expect it to be a great camp battle. *Note I am betting Conley will be given the spot to start camp, but if he doesnt play the best, there is no way he is day one #1 if it wasnt earned throughout TC and preseason IMO.

I like it. Not thrilled with that arrest, but it wasn't a violent crime, so I can chalk it up to youthful indiscretion. Despite the up and down play, there have been enough flashes to get me at least intrigued.

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Need CB depth, but indications are he's not the hardest worker out there so could be short stay if that's the case. 

Yeah.  I doubt this staff will allow shenanigans.  If he pans out it'll be because of effort.  

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This guy was asleep at the wheel on the freeway and got tazed lol but we can sign him but not Eric Reid

Eric Reid is overrated. Lost his starting spot last year and it’s unknown how much money he wants... This is a worthwhile gamble at a position of need... we have signed 2 corners who started last year in Melvin and Worley 

39 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This guy was asleep at the wheel on the freeway and got tazed lol but we can sign him but not Eric Reid

Eric Reid is a safety that probably was asking top 10 safety money (9-13mil) while Worley is a starting corner that we probably got for 1mil and change. Just don't.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Eric Reid is a safety that probably was asking top 10 safety money (9-13mil) while Worley is a starting corner that we probably got for 1mil and change. Just don't.

Reid is getting no where near starting money at this point. 

And Im not comparing them as players, just saying it's strange how a guy can get arrested for DUI, gun charge, and fighting with the police and get signed a week later - but Reid remains unsigned. I have a general beef with the NFL for that and not just the Raiders - I shouldve worded it differently. 

Archived