Flip Flop Mock with Trades - Draft Week

aldashex86

35 minutes ago, silence22 said:

Actually it's 2 firsts and a second, and if you look at the NFL draft pick value chart, picks 23, 31 and 43 = 1830, while pick 4 = 1800.  That said, Pats would be stupid to make that trade for the reason I posted above...

Don’t care what the trade chart says dropping 19 spots in round one for 31 and a 2nd is horrible value. The Browns moving out of position to take a blue chip prospect would be stupid 

Yea, Patriots are not going to trade up at that price for a guy who is not playing for 2 - 4 years. At 23 I can see them taking him and then focusing 31 and their two 2nd rounders to some defense tho. Cleveland also kind of got ripped off in this deal lol. Not a great draft. Nonsensical trades but then there is no trade up for Edmunds who is a Top 10 pick???

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Don’t care what the trade chart says dropping 19 spots in round one for 31 and a 2nd is horrible value. The Browns moving out of position to take a blue chip prospect would be stupid 

I believe you meant to say the browns moving out of position to take a blue chip prospect would be "something they have historically done over and over again".

19 hours ago, Wolfhunt said:

Josh Allen is Deshone Kizer but not as good.

Oh please. I don't think Allen is going to be a good QB either but lets not sully his name by saying he is worse than the lowest of garbage.

1 hour ago, aldashex86 said:

I believe you meant to say the browns moving out of position to take a blue chip prospect would be "something they have historically done over and over again".

Yes past regimes have consistently done so and history speaking it always came back to bite them so it wouldn’t be stupid, it would be the literal definition of insanity 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Oh please. I don't think Allen is going to be a good QB either but lets not sully his name by saying he is worse than the lowest of garbage.

Huh? Kizer actually had some decent tape against D-1 competition, meanwhile Allen consistently looked mediocre in the Mountain West and couldn’t even make the all conference team

I would prefer Maurice Hurst but Ridley isn't a bad backup choice with the other 3 DT's gone as Ridley is a top 20 talent.  If it was any other WR i would probably complain quite a bit at this point but im somewhat ok with it.    If   Vea, Payne, or Bryan was there and we took Ridley you would for sure see a temper tantrum xD 

As for the Patriots move and pick that would be straight up dumb of them to do that as they could realistically offer just their #23 and 2nd round pick to move up to the mid teens and take Jackson instead of going to #4 and giving up a extra 1st.

3 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Yes past regimes have consistently done so and history speaking it always came back to bite them so it wouldn’t be stupid, it would be the literal definition of insanity 

Yes past regimes and coaches. Many different ones have fell into the same traps. Each thinking they were smarter than the last regime. They picked Manziel at 22 after missing on Quinn and Weeden at 22. You think they won't trade down again? Lol. It's a mock man. Quit acting like you know what will happen.

28 minutes ago, aldashex86 said:

Yes past regimes and coaches. Many different ones have fell into the same traps. Each thinking they were smarter than the last regime. They picked Manziel at 22 after missing on Quinn and Weeden at 22. You think they won't trade down again? Lol. It's a mock man. Quit acting like you know what will happen.

Yea it’s perfectly logical to assume every Browns front office in the history of the franchise thinks the exact same way ? and never once did I say know what will happen just what I thought about this particular draft scenario 

10 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Yea it’s perfectly logical to assume every Browns front office in the history of the franchise thinks the exact same way ? and never once did I say know what will happen just what I thought about this particular draft scenario 

Is it more logical to think history will repeat itself? Or more logical to think that it won't happen? If I would have mocked the browns trading down with Sammy Watkins on the board years ago, many would have said the same exact things. But... they did.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:57 PM, BrownsDog23 said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-browns-shopping-fourth-overall-pick/1lmdud8quzqco1xkb6vejmfelb

What do we have here??? ???

Archived