Final Big Boards

taylor made

Let me see what you all are thinking. Post however many players/rounds you want

First round:

1. 3-4 ILB - Leighton Vander Esch - Neither Zach Brown or Mason Foster have played in a full season in a couple years and that is a big concern. Would be ideal fit in our scheme and the captain/leader the team has needed in ages. Tested out of his mind at the combine. There are concerns about LVE's neck but how serious that is anyone's guess. He most likely will be available at #13 making the next four guys a big backup plan.

2560232.jpg
2. DL Taven Bryan - When one guy goes down due to injury and your whole defense collapses then you have a serious depth problem. Bryan could play all over the D-Line. He is an elite athlete.

2560140.jpg
3. CB Denzel Ward - Josh Norman will soon be on the wrong side of 30 and his contract gets big next year. We have some young corner-backs but none of them really profile as a future #1 corner-back. Ward has elite acceleration on tape and that was backed up by his combine performance.

Denzel-Ward-171211-120x150.jpg
4. 3-4 OLB - Marcus Davenport - Ryan Kerrigan has been the Redskins' best player over the past decade but he never really struck fear into the opposing QB's eyes. Davenport has all the potential in the world and it would be a smooth transition from Kerrigan to Davenport at arguably the defense's most important position.

2559817.jpg
5. WR - D.J. Moore - 2017's WR Corps was a nightmare and while the team did add Paul Richardson as a deep threat, the team still could be in trouble if Josh Doctson fails to improve over his mediocre season.  The first offensive player on my big board is DJ Moore, who has Steve Smith WR1 upside.

dj.moore_-e1399906799277.jpg

avoid: Rashaan Evans - surprisingly tested poorly athletically and you have to wonder if playing in front of Alabama's defensive line made him look better than he really is.
Derrius Guice - Guice just tested above average athletically & isn't the biggest of running backs for his play style. I think if you are drafting a running back at #13 you want to him show up a little better than he did at the combine.
Christian Kirk - Smallish WR who tested poorly at the combine makes me wonder if his game will translate to the NFL.

second round

1. 3-4 OLB Lorenzo Carter - It seems like the team has been drafting Edge Rushers in the 2nd round forever, but they really haven't hit on one yet. The team also lost more edge rushers than they added this off-season.  If we go defense in round 1, I'm not so sure he is the pick here though.

11141778.jpeg
2. WR DJ Chark - I think adding DJ Chark would be smart because he would remind Alex Smith of playing with Chiefs WR Chris Conley who also was a big guy with 4.3 speed. 

usatsi_10346688.jpg?w=192&h=150&crop=1
3. OC Frank Ragnow - The team really likes Chase Roullier but if Ragnow is the BPA on the board then I think he might be hard to pass on. Ragnow has great size and tested very well athletically.

2559824.jpg
4. WR Equanimeous St. Brown - ESB might seem like a boom or bust prospect but he has almost WR1 upside, is an elite athlete and that might be too good to pass up in Round2.

12868530.jpeg
5. Ilb malik jefferson - The team needs LB depth and a MLB for the future. Jefferson has been flying under the radar but is an elite athlete who might not have been used to his full potential at Texas.

2560171.jpg

avoid:  tyrell crosby - I think Oregons' offensive scheme made him look better than he is. Injury concerns and tested nothing special at the combine.
ronald jones - concerns about his durability, frame and athleticism.
carlton davis - likes the weed too much and mildly athleticism.

fourth round:

1. S Dane Cruikshank - I know the team really likes Montae Nicholson but he was only able to play half the season in his rookie season and that's a concern. Cruik could play both safety spots right away.

2. 3-4 Olb Tyquan Lewis

3. 3-4 ILB Jerome Baker

4. OC Scott Quessenberry - Here's a center prospect that not a lot of people are talking about. He would add some competition to that spot right away.

5. RB Kalen Ballage - Ballage reminds me a lot of Latavius Murray and that would add a different dimension to our RB crew. If we have gone heavy defense in the first two rounds, I might be heavily banging the table for Ballage!

fifth round:

1. FS Troy Apke -Apke tested out of his mind at the combine is an elite athlete.  Apke ran a 4.35

2. WR Dylan Cantrell

3. RB Josh Adams - I think Josh Adams could be severely underrated. He tested as an elite athlete and he could slip down to the fifth round in this RB heavy draft.

4. CB Tony Brown - The team lost some CB depth with Kendall Fuller and it would never hurt to add another CB. Brown had an absurd forty time and tested well in other areas.

5. RB Bo Scarbough - Another RB that is kind of getting lost in the shuffle but there could be some great value here in the fifth round for running backs.

First Round in order:

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Bradley Chubb

3. Minkah Fitzpatrick 

4. Vita Vea

5. Quenton Nelson

6. Denzel Ward

7. Derwin James

8. Roquan Smith

9. Tremaine Edmunds

10. Marcus Davenport

11. Will Hernandez

12. Derrius Guice

195-199 All QBs

Looks fun. I'll throw together some names I'd like and where I'd like them for the Skins in rds 1-2. 

I may edit this as the draft flows, and even into day 3. :P 

1st rd : at # 13 

(just straight out believing Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, are all off the board) 

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Quenton Nelson

3. Bradley Chubb

4. Minkah Fitzpatrick 

5. Vita Vea

6. Derwin James

7. Roquan Smith

8. Derrius Guice

9. Denzel Ward

10. Harold Landry

trade back to # 23

1. Will Hernandez

2. Frank Ragnow

3. Connor Williams

4. James Daniels

5. Jaire Alexander

6. Isaiah Wynn

7. D.J. Moore

8. Rashaan Evans

9. Joshua Jackson

10. Marcus Davenport

2nd rd # 44

1. Ronald Jones

2. Daron Payne

3. Billy Price

4. Harrison Phillips

5. Sony Michel

6. Mike Hughes

7. Anthony MIller

8. Isaiah Oliver

9. D.J. Chark

10. Dallas Goedert

A couple of days ago I mocked one out (no, I don't expect some of these guys to be available, just my board ... if they ain't here, I'm not interested):

1. Barkley Chubb
  2. Saquon Barkley (yes, I would take a 1st round RB at 13 for a franchise back; not trading up)
  3. Quenton Nelson
  4. Roquan Smith
  5. Vita Vea
  6. Minkah Fitzpatrick
  7. Marcus Davenport
  8. Tremaine Edmunds
  9. Derwin James
  10. Denzel Ward

This is what I’ve got as a rough top 75 for me.

I separated out the QBs because I don’t think you can ever reasonably compare a QB to a player at any other position. Added a bunch of possible Day 3 prospects I like as well.

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Bradley Chubb

[2a. Sam Darnold]
3. Quenton Nelson
4. Roquan Smith
5. Minkah Fitzpatrick
6. Denzel Ward
7. Derwin James
8. Tremaine Edmunds
9. Vita Vea
[9a. Josh Allen]
10. Da’Ron Payne
[10a. Josh Rosen]
[10b. Baker Mayfield]
11. Marcus Davenport
12. Calvin Ridley
13. Rashaan Evans
14. Jaire Alexander
15. Will Hernandez
16. Isaiah Wynn
17. Harold Landry
18. Derrius Guice
19. DJ Moore
20. James Daniels
21. Sony Michel
22. Josh Jackson
23. Mike Hughes
24. Billy Price
25. Taven Bryan
26. Mike McGlinchey
27. Nick Chubb
28. Frank Ragnow
29. Leighton Vander Esch
30. Donte Jackson
[30a. Lamar Jackson]
31. Ronald Jones
32. Justin Reid
33. Harrison Phillips
34. Jessie Bates
35. Rashaad Penny
36. Isaiah Oliver
37. Christian Kirk
38. Connor Williams
39. Lorenzo Carter
40. Ronnie Harrison
41. Dallas Goedert
42. Martinas Rankin
43. Hayden Hurst
44. Mike Gesicki
45. Maurice Hurst
46. Anthony Miller
47. Tyrell Crosby
48. Michael Gallup
49. Carlton Davis
50. Austin Corbett
51. Braden Smith
52. Kerryon Johnson
53.  DJ Chark
54. Courtland Sutton
55. James Washington
[55a. Mason Rudolph]
56. Kemoko Turay
57. Darius Leonard
58. Anthony Averett
59. Derrick Nnadi
60. Antonio Callaway
61. Rashaan Gaulden
62. MJ Stewart
63. Ian Thomas
64. Rasheem Green
65. Orlando Brown
66. Dante Pettis
67. Brian O’Neill
68. Fred Warner
69. Terrell Edmunds
70. Tim Settle
71. Da’Shawn Hand
72. Shaquem Griffin
73. Holton Hill
74. Deon Cain
75. Nathan Shepherd

Offensive players I like later: WR Keke Coutee (Texas Tech); RB/KR Nyheim Hines (NC State); C Mason Cole (Michigan); OG Matt Pryor (Long Beach State); WR Dylan Cantrell (Texas Tech); RB Justin Jackson (Northwestern); OT Joseph Noteboom (TCU); TE Tyler Conklin (Central Michigan); WR Deontay Burnett (USC); RB Chase Edmonds (Fordham); WR Cedrick Wilson (Boise St); TE Troy Fumagalli (Wisconsin)

Defensive players I like later: LB Oren Burks (Vandy); CB Duke Dawson (Florida); CB Avonte Maddox (Pitt); DT PJ Hall (Sam Houston St); DT Folorunso Fatukasi (UConn); S Kyzir White (WVU);  S Dane Cruikshank (Arizona); LB Leon Jacobs (Wisconsin); LB Josey Jewell (Iowa); LB Micah Kiser (UVA); DE Ade Aruna (Tulane); DE Marcell Frazier (Missouri); CB/ST Tony Brown (Alabama)

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@Woz Quin Blanding?  Andrew Brown?

As much as I would like having Brown on the roster, I'd much rather we address the DL earlier than where I think Brown's value is (4th/5th). If we are waiting until the third day to bulk up the defensive line, then sure, he's a nice pick then, but I'm going either to be angry (due us passing on DL talent) or disappointed (because the DL talent wasn't there when we picked). Unless of course they get someone like Roquan Smith. Roquan Smith, [top interior lineman in 2nd], Brown in 4 ... now we're talking! :D

Blanding ... I could see him going 3rd/4th-ish. If they're not sold on Nicholson as the single high safety, I could see them making the move. That said, I would be a bit surprised by it.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

As much as I would like having Brown on the roster, I'd much rather we address the DL earlier than where I think Brown's value is (4th/5th). If we are waiting until the third day to bulk up the defensive line, then sure, he's a nice pick then, but I'm going either to be angry (due us passing on DL talent) or disappointed (because the DL talent wasn't there when we picked). Unless of course they get someone like Roquan Smith. Roquan Smith, [top interior lineman in 2nd], Brown in 4 ... now we're talking! :D

Blanding ... I could see him going 3rd/4th-ish. If they're not sold on Nicholson as the single high safety, I could see them making the move. That said, I would be a bit surprised by it.

I think both have untapped potential, the UVA coaching staff did not develop these guys.  Branding isn’t fast but he’s a heck of a tackler.  He’d be an excellent backup SS that could take over for Swearinger in a year or two.  Brown is raw but would make a solid DE prospect.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:09 PM, MKnight82 said:

I think both have untapped potential, the UVA coaching staff did not develop these guys.  Branding isn’t fast but he’s a heck of a tackler.  He’d be an excellent backup SS that could take over for Swearinger in a year or two.  Brown is raw but would make a solid DE prospect.

Oh, I think they have value in the NFL and could work on the Redskins roster right now. However, barring some magic up in Day One and possibly Day Two as well, I would feel like the Redskins would be settling if they took either guy because that means they missed (or skipped out on) better players at the top of the draft.

Archived