Draft Talk 2018

Wyld Stallyns

Here is the thread for discussing the draft Thursday. Try to keep most draft discussion here, we can have separate threads to discuss picks/trades. 

When the Colts traded down from 3 to 6, Ballard said they wanted to stay in the top 10 to guarantee getting a premium football player. Now there is word that they could trade down again because they allegedly have 8 premium non QB players on their board. 

Colts picks 

1/6 G Quenton Nelson Notre Dame 

2/36 LB Darius Leonard South Carolina ST

2/37 G Braden Smith Auburn 

2/52 DE Kemoko Turay Rutgers

2/64 DE Tyquan Lewis Ohio ST

4/104 HB Nyheim Hines North Carolina ST

5/159 WR Daurice Fountain Northern Iowa

5/169 HB Jordan Wilkins Mississippi

6/185 WR Deon Cain Clemson 

7/221 LB Matthew Adams Houston

7/235 LB Zaire Franklin Syracuse

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

I wonder if if he's totally ruling out QB. Andrew Luck's now going to miss minicamp. The news isn't exactly optimistic about him is it? There's got to be some serious worry here.

Not really....he said he expects to be at training camp. We have a long time. 

11 hours ago, Warhorse said:

I think they will stay at 6. What do you want? I think Ward was your hope? I like Nelson, Chubb, or trade....maybe Derwin. 

Obviously my top 3 remains: Barkley, Chubb and Nelson. After that I would prefer Ward, followed by a trade down and take either Tremaine Edwards or Roquan Smith. 

The "big 3" has become the "big 4" for me -- Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Roquan.  I'd be thrilled with any one of them.

I want nothing to do with Tremaine Edmunds at 6.  Beware of guys who get talked up draft boards.  No one had this guy as a top pick during the season, and that's because because he is not a special player right now.  He has special traits, yes, and sky high potential, but I'm not interested in rolling the dice with this pick.  If we traded down to 12 I might consider him depending on who's left.

Here is how I see the first 6 picks playing out and why:

1. Darnold - It is a given that they will take a QB and by all accounts he is the best of the bunch.

2. Barkley/Chubb - I think they pass on a QB and pick one of these 2.  I believe Barkley is the guy but Chubb would fill a need.

3. Mayfield - They are defiantly taking a QB.  I think Mayfields personality plays up to the Jets fan base.

4. Chubb/Barkley - They take the best remaining player out of Chubb and Barkley

5. Nelson/Ward - I live in the Denver area and listen to the local sports radio everyday and the feeling around here from the the fan base is a Hard Pass on a QB (but you never really know with Elway).  I believe a trade back is the most likely scenario.  If they stay put Nelson or Ward make the most sense.

6. Smith - Smith would fill a major need for this team.  I think we could grab a guard or corner in round 2 that would be a better player than any of the middle linebackers we could get in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.  In my opinion we have to spend at least 2 picks this year on linebacker. 

Archived