Draft Talk 2018

Wyld Stallyns

Just a quick run down of possible updated depth charts including draft picks (noted by *)

HB - M. Mack / R. Turbin / N. Hines* / C. Michael / J. Wilkins* / M. Jones / J. Ferguson 

WR - T. Hilton / R. Grant / C. Rogers / D. Fountain* / D. Cain* / K. Hogan / K. Listenbee / D. Anderson / K. Brent 

LG - Q. Nelson* / J. Vujnovich / M. Glowinski 

RG - M. Slauson / B. Smith* / J. Haeg

RT - J. Mewhort / D. Goode 

LE - J. Simon / T. Lewis* 

UT - D. Autry / H. Ridgeway / T. Lewis*

RE - J. Sheard / T. Basham / K. Turay*

WLB - D. Leonard* / A. Walker / J. Grace 

MLB - N. Goode / J. George / M. Adams*

SLB - A. Morrison / Z. Franklin*

UDFAs 

Arkansas DB Henri’ Toliver
Stonybrook DB Chris Cooper
UNLV DB Robert Jackson 
Central Michigan OT J.P. Quinn
Syracuse WR Steve Ishmaelhas
Louisina Tech OG Joshua Outlaw
Central Arkansas DB George Okum
San Jose ST LB Will Ossai
South Carolina LB Skai Moore
Saginaw Valley ST LB Bryan Jones
BYU DT Tomasi Laulile

Rookie Camp Invites

Ohio ST QB JT Barrett

WVU LS Nick Meadows

SDSU DT Kellen Soulek 

Monmouth S Mike Basile

Iowa OL Boone Myers 

Purdue DL Antoine Mileswill

Texas A&M-Commerce OT Jared Machorro

Bemidiji St OL Brandon Schindler 

• 6 months later...

Didn't want to start a separate thread but how have Braden Smith and Mo Allie-Cox been for you guys? Wife is a big Auburn fan and was happy to see him go to a team that needs him(albeit a division rival) and Mo has been a family favorite being that we live in Richmond and followed VCU basketball closely when he was there. Happy to see he's scored some TDs and made big plays for you guys

35 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didn't want to start a separate thread but how have Braden Smith and Mo Allie-Cox been for you guys? Wife is a big Auburn fan and was happy to see him go to a team that needs him(albeit a division rival) and Mo has been a family favorite being that we live in Richmond and followed VCU basketball closely when he was there. Happy to see he's scored some TDs and made big plays for you guys

Braden has really improved over the course of the season. He didn’t look all that great in the preseason playing at RG and with the injuries and terrible play of most of our right tackles the staff quickly made the move to see how he would play at RT. He didn’t get in right away and eventually became the last best hope. Watching Matt Slauson’s physicality at RG helped both he and Mark Glowinski to get a feel for how to play and they’ve both done a great job keeping that up after Slauson went out. 

Mo Alie-Cox has earned his spot on the roster surprisingly by being a good blocker first. Something I wouldn’t have expected from the former basketball guys (Swoope and Alie-Cox) So he can get on the field with Ebron or Doyle and then stay on and run routes. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Co+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++```````````.30

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to put this as a Jets fan, so I choose here bc I didn't want to start up a new thread.

The Jets have a good amount of cap space (just like you guys do). And we need difference makers on offense really really bad. We are expected to pretty much pay LeVeon Bell whatever he wants to be in a Jets jersey. But at the end of the day he might want his money and a chance to win. We really don't offer the part to win part right now for him. He tweeted earlier this week praising Andrew Luck for his play. A possible sign he likes your guys roster. On our board we have a discussion going on if you guys will actually open of the wallet for him. I'd love to get you guys as fans insight to this. Some think you guys have a good offense and a couple more WRs would do you better along with defensive players with that money. Others say just get Bell. Let me know... Thank you!!!

When Ballard came in he talked out how player contracts where something that players in the locker room paid attention to. If you are paying a guy and the team doesn’t think he deserves the money it’s not going to take long to lose the team. So his first move was resigning Jack Doyle and trading Dwayne Allen. Doyle was already well respected in the locker room as a nose to the grindstone type player and has been, when healthy, kept up that style. 

After the Colts lost out on Andrew Norwell, Ballard said that he’s not going to pay Tier 1 money to a Tier 2 or 3 player. Now Bell is a Tier 1 player. But whether Ballard or Reich or Irsay for that matter are willing to pay Bell what he wants is the real question. He is a great running/receiving back and fits the scheme we run. But I feel like Chris Simms made a good point. Bell with the Colts might see more snaps as a Motion/Slot WR then as a RB and he questioned whether you want to pay him so much with less touches. 

I personally think we should pay him, we have a lot of cap space and when it comes time to pay some of our other players (Nelson, Leonard, Smith) and draft picks who we haven’t selected. He’ll be nearly 30 and on the down slide and can be cut. 

I don’t think we sign him because I think other teams will offer him more then we will. 

Archived