Wednesday Night Football - Panthers vs Texans (fret v ET!)

ET80

We're about a day away from the Wednesday night tilt between the Carolina Panthers and the Houston Texans! 

Otherwise known as...

The @fretgod99 vs the @EliteTexan80 Bowl!

(@iPwn isn't allowed).

So, who would like to see...the first ever SIG BET on the site? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? I know fret is always game for a sig bet...and I'm down as well, so let us know how it should go down!

A few other things to check out for this game:

• This game will be the return of three time DPOY JJ Watt, who missed all of last season with a ruptured disk in his back. Does Watt show any hesitation out on the field? Is his ultra violent game on the downswing after such a significant injury?
  • The Texans made a significant investment in the draft, trading away a 2018 1st round pick to select QB Deshaun Watson. Watson is slated to serve as the backup QB in this game; Does the dynamic playmaker from Clemson get chances to make big plays against a tough Panthers D?
  • Speaking of dynamic playmakers, Carolina drafted arguably the most dynamic playmaker in the draft with the selection of Christian McCaffery with the #4 pick in the draft, because the Panthers were not the worst team in football, but they were close. Does the Swiss Army Knife get a lot of work against Watt, Jadevion Clowney and the #1 defense in the NFL?
  • QB Cam Newton is currently inactive, leaving the offense in the hands of veteran QB Derek Anderson. What does the Panthers O look like without their field general at their disposal?

Should be a fun game to watch. FOOTBALL IS BACK!

Im actually psyched for this one. Not sure how much I am going to be able to watch but I am curious about Watson and what he shows. I want to see what packages the Panthers put Christian in. 

Carolina fans, do the Panthers typically put guys in positions that reflect their regular season role in the pre-season?

10 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

On national TV?

I wouldn't mind seeing Deshaun Watson play.

I honestly think we might see a lot of him - possibly two quarters worth. He'll be working with the likes of Wendell Williams and Jaelen Strong, so not exactly Hopkins, but he'll be working against the #2 guys. 

This being said, I'm thinking they're going to see what D'Onta Foreman can do. Power running inside is perhaps the biggest weakness of the offense...

And yes @The Gnat - will be on NFLN and ABC.

16 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This game will be the return of three time DPOY JJ Watt, who missed all of last season with a ruptured disk in his back. Does Watt show any hesitation out on the field? Is his ultra violent game on the downswing after such a significant injury?

He's actually playing? If so, why?

Just now, cddolphin said:

He's actually playing? If so, why?

Watt will play, according to O'Brien. I think part of it is to get some rust knocked off against someone other than Kendall Lamm. It's a huge risk, I'm not very comfortable with the idea.

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

*8th pick

Dumb-dumb.

I get it, I get it. Having the 3rd pick just brings up feelings of inadequacy, question about what you're doing in life. @iPwn has been asking the same questions for the last 44 years. 

Wish I could help, but the Texans have never picked below 29th. So, I dunno.

Archived