What I want and don't want in the draft

James Lofton

4 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want Fitz. <<<<

In a worse case scenario, I'd be ok with it but I don't want to pass on Derwin, Landry, Davenport, or Hughes for him. 

But honestly what do I know. I'll trust the process

See I like this. Go case by case. Everyone is different. Drawing that line in the sand is silly to me.

I want Derwin, Fitz, Landry or Davenport in that order.

Don't want any CB in the 1st not named Ward. 

Personally, dream scenario we grab EDGE or James/Fitz in the 1st, then after the draft make Breeland our No. 1 pick at CB. Grab a slot guy in the 2nd or 3rd. 

13 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Agree. I like Vea but we have Clark at NT so what would you do with Vea? He’s a NT also. 

I thought the same thing when we drafted Harrell with 17 competent DL on the roster

You just made me jinx it dammit lol

Give me any of Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, and Landry. If none of them are there, trade down into late teens and pick up a third. Hopefully LVE, Alexander, Hughes, and Davenport are available in the late teens. Then using the extra third rounder trade back into the first to add another defender.

Honestly, there are a lot of ways I could see this draft going. There isn't a lot that would upset me. Right now the only starting spots that are really open are G, corner, 3rd wr. Round 1 I want an impact DB or pass rusher (no CB other than Ward) and would be disappointed otherwise. Otherwise, rounds 2-7 are not completely needs based. Looking at the roster-

Looking at the Roster-

QB- No investment needed-

RB- If a stud fell round 2 (Guice), Chubb round 3, Penny (4), I'd be down. They'd make an impact. Ty could move back to WR in theory.... I'm okay with this unit though.

WR- We need a guy to add to the mix unless you really think Yancey or Davis become the 3. We really need to use a 3rd or 4th on one (especially since there are a lot of 2nd-4th round wrs). A darkhorse one could be Ridley.

OL- Bulaga is a question mark (injury/lack of depth). Starting G is still kind of open. I'd like 2 guys round 3-6 to develop

TE- Grahm isn't young. Kendricks is meh. We need a development TE. There should be a nice TE that falls into the third (we could even use as a big slot)

DL- I think we are good here

ILB- probably good unless we got Edmunds (except late special teams reasons)

OLB- Need rushers

CB- Need a reliable guy to be in the top 4, and another depth guy

S- probably fine. Unless we got a playmaker like James/Minkah, I'd pass on drafting one except for late STs

K/P-ok

We could definitely improve at areas and add depth, but the roster isn't too bad.

Archived