Barkley or Chubb at #4?

BleedTheClock

Who do you prefer at #4?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who would u pick between these two?

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Let's say both are sitting there at #4.

Who do we pick?

My vote is for Barkley, as I think he's a transcendent RB and I find Chubb to be average.

This is actually one of the toughest questions, despite how many times it's come up. Other than all the trade down responses there will be despite trade down not being an option, it's a tough one. The entire forum seem to be in love with Barkley, and now it seems to have swung the other way where most are accepting a bookend defensive end to be more important than a running back and that being the end of it. Barkley looks absolutely phenomenal in every single way except for the big speedback question of whether he can run between the tackles, which he'll need to do to be worth the number 4 pick in the draft. I do like Chubb a lot, though I am not sure how much better than Ogbah he is. I'd be happy with either one at 4. If we go Chubb, I'd like to grab Nick Chubb at the end of the second round, as I believe he may be there. That would be fun for at least the next four years to have in Cleveland. If we grab Barkley, I'd prefer to wait on a high defensive and pick until next year, where there will be more quality defensive end talent at the top to choose from.

Drafting Chubb gives you an identity. That DL could be scary. Special if we implant a nascar package we’re you can get three athletic freaks on the field at the same time. Barkley’s a win now pick where you’ve pretty much said hey for the next 6 years we’re all in 

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Don't hate the player, hate the game. 

I don't hate the game. Chubb seems like a good, not great DE prospect but he will be taking Ogbah off of the field most of the time when he is in. Barkley should be a homerun threat but he will be taking Hyde/Duke off of the field when he is in. Ward will be taking Carrie off of the field, that pick probably has the most positive impact of the three. We already probably won't see our #1 pick much this year I'd like to get a full time player who is a big upgrade at 4. 

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Don't hate the player, hate the game. 

*writes, "Don't hate the player, hate the game* on chalkboard a thousand times to train under Reginald for maximum pimpage. Earns very own clear plastic bag full of pimp hand powder. Whips adversary with romaine lettuce head (covered in powder) that Reginald accidentally left in bag--mixup with shopping list.*

Reginald: "Even pimps gotta remember to eat the rainbow."

8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

*writes, "Don't hate the player, hate the game* on chalkboard a thousand times to train under Reginald for maximum pimpage. Earns very own clear plastic bag full of pimp hand powder. Whips adversary with romaine lettuce head (covered in powder) that Reginald accidentally left in bag--mixup with shopping list.*

Reginald: "Even pimps gotta remember to eat the rainbow."

You had me at pimpage. 

2 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I picked Barkley for the simple fact that I want my rookie QB to have as much offensive talent around him when he does end up playing to help him succeed.

Peace!!!

I'm pretty split on the idea, mostly because I don't see chub as Myles Garrett in any way. If you was, this would be an easier answer. That said, the likelihood that any rookie we take this year starts over Tyrod Taylor is pretty low. By that logic, it might make more sense to grab Chubb now and another rookie running back next year if we don't grab someone we love this year other than Barkley.

Archived