Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

30 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There is no direction to his moves and the pieces just dont fit together. 

this without a doubt the most concerning part to me. do they think it was just a weird coincidence ivey's best stretch of games this year was when they spread the floor and surrounded him with three shooters and an athletic big who can catch and finish and just let him attack downhill? so in response to that they've decided to put killian back in the starting lineup for burks, take the ball out of ivey's hands, swap bey for wiseman, and play with two centers

3 hours ago, catcheryea said:

this without a doubt the most concerning part to me. do they think it was just a weird coincidence ivey's best stretch of games this year was when they spread the floor and surrounded him with three shooters and an athletic big who can catch and finish and just let him attack downhill? so in response to that they've decided to put killian back in the starting lineup for burks, take the ball out of ivey's hands, swap bey for wiseman, and play with two centers

Yup.  Casey isn't "developing" these guys as expected and Weaver keeps throwing trash together hoping to get an 04 Pistons result.  If we finish top 2 in the lotto again and get Vic or Scoot, we will have an amazing core but still no cohesion or trust that Casey can turn it into something good.  If we don't have an obvious pick, I dont have faith in Weaver to make the right call (even though it looks like he did with Duren).  I haven't watched much this year, it just isnt fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yup.  Casey isn't "developing" these guys as expected and Weaver keeps throwing trash together hoping to get an 04 Pistons result.  If we finish top 2 in the lotto again and get Vic or Scoot, we will have an amazing core but still no cohesion or trust that Casey can turn it into something good.  If we don't have an obvious pick, I dont have faith in Weaver to make the right call (even though it looks like he did with Duren).  I haven't watched much this year, it just isnt fun. 

if weaver lets casey coach out the last year on his contract they're both going down with the ship. maybe a more creative coach could figure out how to use 2 big lineups but casey is not that guy

27 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Who are some coaching candidates on the radar?

a lot of people seemed to think they hired jerome allen last year by promising him the job after casey "retires"

i really wanted them to hire kenny atkinson last summer, but he's probably kerr's replacment

the biggest name is probably quin snyder, but he might be pop's replacement

other than that, any assistants whose names are known or retread head coaches who never had much success are probably the best bets

9 hours ago, catcheryea said:

man i think koby altman broke troy's brain

FonJMQOXEAIQuG9?format=jpg&name=large

I'm a bit late to the party on this, but the rationale of this is so bad.  I would honestly feel better if he said that they simply liked Wiseman a lot given his potential and wanted to take a chance even if they didn't necessarily need him.  The fact he seems to think that the key to beating these teams is MOAR BIGS rather than wings with size and athleticism, is simply absurd.  

11 minutes ago, winitall said:

If we redrafted today, does he go top 5?  He was honestly probably my top option at 5 if Ivey/Banchero/Holmgren/Smith were gone.

i think there's been a lot of guys who have really outperformed their expectations this year but if his ceiling really is a bam type of player and you're just taking an upside swing, i'm not sure there are 5 other guys with that type of potential

also like if ivey had gone 4th and they took duren 5th, i think he's still lived up to that

20 hours ago, catcheryea said:

a lot of people seemed to think they hired jerome allen last year by promising him the job after casey "retires"

i really wanted them to hire kenny atkinson last summer, but he's probably kerr's replacment

the biggest name is probably quin snyder, but he might be pop's replacement

other than that, any assistants whose names are known or retread head coaches who never had much success are probably the best bets

I wouldn't mind Atkinson.

I'd go after a Spurs assistant. Those guys seem to do well in the league. Or former Spurs assistants like Ime Udoka or Becky Hammon.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, winitall said:

There needs to be a parental advisory for these rotations the last couple games.  Children shouldn't be watching this and thinking it is basketball.

it's malpractice that there are so few wings on the roster that rodney mcgruder is the emergency starter at the 3