Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, General Tso said:

What would it take for the lottery teams to give us to trade up if we have #2 and they had #3?

first it would have to be a team that really wants scoot and has to truly believe weaver would take him. it's similar to the murray/ivey situation last year where the kings were doing everything to try to trade back with us or the pacers but either couldn't convince them that they would take ivey or the other teams were fine staying put and taking whoever falls

if all of that happens then probably something like the luka/trae deal where we get a future top 4ish protected pick

i'd also trade with someone like orlando who more than likely will have two lottery picks if they really wanted him

6 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

first it would have to be a team that really wants scoot and has to truly believe weaver would take him. it's similar to the murray/ivey situation last year where the kings were doing everything to try to trade back with us or the pacers but either couldn't convince them that they would take ivey or the other teams were fine staying put and taking whoever falls

if all of that happens then probably something like the luka/trae deal where we get a future top 4ish protected pick

i'd also trade with someone like orlando who more than likely will have two lottery picks if they really wanted him

Was eyeing Toronto. #2 for #3 + Anunoby?

11 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Was eyeing Toronto. #2 for #3 + Anunoby?

that would be a great trade for us which almost definitely means toronto won't do it. i guess it depends how deep into a rebuild they decide to go but if masai wanted (and maybe turned down i can't remember) 3 1sts for him at the deadline i don't see him budging too far from that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

that would be a great trade for us which almost definitely means toronto won't do it. i guess it depends how deep into a rebuild they decide to go but if masai wanted (and maybe turned down i can't remember) 3 1sts for him at the deadline i don't see him budging too far from that

I'm mostly looking at Forwards on the lottery teams and I can't find a great trade both teams would agree to.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, General Tso said:

What even is the pathway to contention for us? Just hope Cade/Ivey/Duren get better?

need cade to fix his shot and hope that he can become the star that he was in college and continue to see growth from ivey. and then duren's ceiling could be anything. if they hit their celings i still think that trio is better than what most of the other rebuilding teams have

falling to 5 sucks because i just watched 65 games of killian hayes as a starting pg but really it was 1 or bust. if you get 2 or 3 maybe you could trade back but the 3-10 range has a ton of guys that either have huge upside or could fit anywhere between really well or perfect on this roster

as long as troy doesn't decide (he will) that he's trading the pick for some middling forward so they can try to win 32 games, a thompson twin, whitmore, walker, or hendricks will be in the starting 5 next year

the actual worst part of the lottery is that we have to watch wiseman and bagley play big minutes next year