Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

On 3/8/2018 at 2:35 PM, SimbaWho said:

Did you seriously just compare shooting percentages. Drummond is shooting consistently 5-10 feet from the basket with a busted as jump shot or hook if its not a straight up put back/dunk. lol. At least compare him to someone doing something similar on the court. He's a walking athletic Pilliar, He's extremely offensively limited and with Blake Griffin on the team very expandable. It'd be refreshing to see some actual post play from our C.

Blake Griffin is just better than him anyways, and he's harder to move, moving Drummond to get more cap/perimeter talent should be the job of the next GM imo. Honestly it's about the only thing on the team he can squeeze real value out of. An Stan Van's moves on the court are always a bit late, his act seems old around here, and there's too many rumors and hopeful whispers of his firing to stick around. Whole organizational reboot is needed from firing Joe Dumars scouts, to hiring a whole new front office and letting them hire their own coach to put a staff together.

blake's efg% since the trade: 47.4

blake's ts% since the trade: 52.1

he's also shooting 32% from 3 on 5 attempts a game

there are 11 players shooting at least 17 shots per game (this is how many blake takes) with at least 5 3s per game (this is how many blake takes). blake is tied for ninth/tenth in fg%, eighth in 2p%, last in 3p%, last in ts%, and last in efg%

with all of this said, blake is not problem. he's playing poorly, but that's largely irrelevant. drummond is not the problem either. since the trade, he's putting up essentially the same numbers as before. his rebounds are up, assists are down, and everything is negligible.

the problem is that until wednesday, the guard rotation was ish smith, reggie bullock, langston galloway and dwight buycks. bullock is the only guy who should ever be in the rotation for a really good team.

the problem is that eric moreland is our backup center and he probably shouldn't be in the league.

you can't win with a big as your best player anymore. but you also can't win with ish smith taking 20 footers with 50 seconds left in a 4 point game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I actually just mentioned him earlier today as a potential end of the bench PG option for the Bucks rather than giving Brandon Jennings his $2.2 Million.

He's not going to be an instant impact guy, just because he's still recovering from his injury. But let him rehab, work on his jumper a little bit and he could be a very nice bench player in the future. He's a very good driver, good finisher, has a solid midrange, tough defender with good size for a PG. Not an explosive athlete but he does the little things very well and he's a winner. I really think if he had stayed healthy we could have taken Villanova but oh well. 

Reminds me of Cory Joseph a little bit. 

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

He's not going to be an instant impact guy, just because he's still recovering from his injury. But let him rehab, work on his jumper a little bit and he could be a very nice bench player in the future. He's a very good driver, good finisher, has a solid midrange, tough defender with good size for a PG. Not an explosive athlete but he does the little things very well and he's a winner. I really think if he had stayed healthy we could have taken Villanova but oh well

Reminds me of Cory Joseph a little bit. 

Woah,

Let's not go overboard here. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Pistons going to sit around and wait for nothing to happen and then wonder why we get stuck in that 10-15 draft pick spot.  Its so frustrating.  I called to trade Dre 3 years ago when he had value.  I like Seku and think we could have something there as he develops but we need to move any asset we have for any draft capital we can and start from scratch.  Lose for another year or two while Seku develops and add some top picks into that.  Our goal should be to suck bad enough to get Emoni Bates in 2022 and then Seku should hopefully have developed by then.  We are going absolutely nowhere with this core. 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:36 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Pistons going to sit around and wait for nothing to happen and then wonder why we get stuck in that 10-15 draft pick spot.  Its so frustrating.  I called to trade Dre 3 years ago when he had value.  I like Seku and think we could have something there as he develops but we need to move any asset we have for any draft capital we can and start from scratch.  Lose for another year or two while Seku develops and add some top picks into that.  Our goal should be to suck bad enough to get Emoni Bates in 2022 and then Seku should hopefully have developed by then.  We are going absolutely nowhere with this core. 

I would've loved Kennard in Milwaukee. He's not great on defense but he's the type of scorer we lack on the 2nd unit. Would've done DJ Wilson, Sterling Brown and Indiana's 1st for him.

On 2/8/2020 at 1:26 AM, beekay414 said:

I would've loved Kennard in Milwaukee. He's not great on defense but he's the type of scorer we lack on the 2nd unit. Would've done DJ Wilson, Sterling Brown and Indiana's 1st for him.

I would have gladly taken that.  Anything that helps us get worse helps us get better.