New England post 2001 and the HOF.

Kiwibrown

One thing I struggle with is who from the pats 2001 onwards actually makes the Hall of Fame? 

There is one player without argument and that is Tom Brady.

Also Randy Moss, but he will be remembered more so, and did his best work, as a Viking. 

But then who? Ground? I have no problem with that. But so far he has only seriously contributed for one Superbowl win of 5.

Richard Seymour doesn't seem to have much HOF interest. 

Maybe big Vince??

5 Superbowls and I have two players that will make the HOF.

Thoughts? Who have I missed? 

18 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Belichick (the most important one, imo)

This for sure. I think Scarrnechia needs to get some love from the coaching side of things, and possibly Kraft as an owner, keeping the Pats in NE and his efforts with the lockout. 

As far as players go, there are a ton of guys that are near misses, but are not very likely to get in like:

Vince Wilfork

Ty Warren

Matt Light

Corey Dillion

Rodney Harrison

Tedy Bruschi

Deion Branch

Logan Mankins

Asante Samuel

Wes Welker

Mike Vrabel

Troy Brown

Guys with an ok shot:

Willie McGinest

Richard Seymour

Adam Vinatieri 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Corey Dillion

Dillion should make it. For his work as a Bengal and a patriot. He was one of the best of his generation, hands down. He just isn't politicking for a spot and doesn't seem to have anyone clearly in his corner. His numbers are comparable or better than other RBs to make it in his time. 

@Deadpulse also I agree with your list. Not many guys who are locks, and a whole lot of maybes. 

Crazy considering how dominant they've been for years. Not crazy considering how they've made almost everyone expendable save for Tom Brady. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Teddy Bruschi, Corey Dillon, Troy Brown, Rodney Harrison, Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Adam Vinateiri, and Richard Seymour deserve at least a strong thought. 

Kinda crazy to think that Vinateiri may have the best shot as a kicker. Especially since Anderson has opened that door for the position again

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Julian Edelman hs made HOF type plays, without having HOF type bulk stats.
If he has 3 more years and another superbowl I think he should warrant consideration. 

No way. Not even a thought. Even in 3 years. We have a thread in comparisons wondering if Andre Johnson gets in and he's leaps and bounds better. I don't think Q gets in, and i think he's a greater receiver than Edelman. Sterling Sharpe isn't in and his greatness cant be disputed, only his longevity. And he still has better numbers than Edelman

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

If he has 3 more years and another superbowl I think he should warrant consideration. 

No way. Not even a thought. Even in 3 years. We have a thread in comparisons wondering if Andre Johnson gets in and he's leaps and bounds better. I don't think Q gets in, and i think he's a greater receiver than Edelman. Sterling Sharpe isn't in and his greatness cant be disputed, only his longevity. And he still has better numbers than Edelman

@Kiwibrowndid qualify it by saying Jules needed at least 3 more years of similar production and another ring to boot just to have consideration. I do agree that if he is on one of the lists, he'd be on the could get buzz but ultimately not likely at all list. 

56 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

@Kiwibrowndid qualify it by saying Jules needed at least 3 more years of similar production and another ring to boot just to have consideration. I do agree that if he is on one of the lists, he'd be on the could get buzz but ultimately not likely at all list. 

3 rings would have to generate consideration. 

3 rings would have to generate consideration. 

It certainly does. Only 900 yards away from catching Lynn Swann. He is 27 TDs behind though. Different era and all that to make the comparison look closer that it actually is but there were many WRs in his era that had many more yards and never sniffed the Hall so being on championship teams obviously helps. Harold Jackson played in the same era and had twice as many yards as Swann and he isn't in the Hall, nor do I even know who he is.

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It certainly does. Only 900 yards away from catching Lynn Swann. He is 27 TDs behind though. Different era and all that to make the comparison look closer that it actually is but there were many WRs in his era that had many more yards and never sniffed the Hall so being on championship teams obviously helps. Harold Jackson played in the same era and had twice as many yards as Swann and he isn't in the Hall, nor do I even know who he is.

He has also had multiple big moments in the Super Bowl. 

the catch in the pile V Atlanta. 

A TD v SEaHawaks and the hot he took from Cam C. 

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Adam Vinatieri 

Decent shot.

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Not happening.

Archived