BAKER MAYFIELD HEIGHT THRESHOLD VOTE. STOP IN, HAVE A VOTE. GUARANTEED 1000% HINGED.

NudeTayne

Jacob or Edward?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How tall would Baker Mayfield have to be for you to take him over Darnold?

• 6'0 5/8" is fine. That's my quarterback.
    • 6'2" Rodgers v2.0
    • 6'3" Prototypical mid
    • 6'4" Prototypical grandé
    • 6'5" Allen the evil cleric size
    • 6'6" Can see over o-line finally
    • 6'7" Can also cover at LT in a pinch
    • 6'8" Lobstersize

Even with his height limitations, I believe the Jets will make him the 2nd QB drafted at #3 and we will have a real shot at Allen provided Denver passers on drafting a QB. If Denver wants a QB, we will be stuck with Rosen and had better have one of the best pass blocking OL's or Rosen will never get through a season uninjured!!!.

Rosen is just too injury prone and will fall on draft day and be lucky to be a top 10 pick!!!

Just watched the first episode of Behind Baker.

His mother was worried about him being in LA for pre draft prep with all the distractions? And that lasted about two days before his crew decided to switch it up and not be around certain people.

Eesh, sounds a bit familiar from that respect.

22 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Darnold being better than Mayfield has nothing to do with his height or off the field stuff...that stuff just makes the choice of whose best even clearer... Darnold is just better than Baker at the rare skills of Quarterbacking needed in the NFL (elite anticipation within the pocket, pocket poise, blitz avoidance, clutch factor, pinpoint accuracy off platform, etc..) pretty much this right here, if Darnold had stayed in school I'd be fine with Mayfield, he has a higher floor than either of the Joshs'. And if Baker was 6'4 I'd still prefer Sam. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Knowing you, you probably forgot yourself so 23 would be accurate. 

I am so much more than a person, though, more an ideal of greatness that one is meant to strive for but fail miserably in to attain.

Comparison of oneself to me is at the heart of all human suffering.

7 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Better win percentage, Rose Bowl win, PAC-12 championship.

Yeah Baker didn't win the PAC-12 championship but he won 3 BIG-12 championships. He lost in double OT in the Rose Bowl but made the playoffs and won the Sugar bowl.

Also Baker turned the ball over as much as Darnold, 35 times each. So that's a push. He did have 89 more TDs but whatever.

One may be a better pro but Mayfield, for whatever reasons you want to give, was a better college passer. 2 years of college later for Darnold that may or may not be the case.

Fun fact, Darnold had more turnovers than 84 of the 129 FBS teams last year.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Awesome, he’s a talented dude.

Who makes terrible decisions in his personal life from time to time.. has a great and trusted eye for talent, but thinks Baker is better than Darnold... and spirals out of the last 3 jobs he's had due to work focus and drinking issues (allegedly)

Even wrecking past relationships like John Schneider on the Seahawks...

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Who makes terrible decisions in his personal life from time to time.. has a great and trusted eye for talent, but thinks Baker is better than Darnold... and spirals out of the last 3 jobs he's had due to work focus and drinking issues (allegedly)

I just want him to evaluate talent, not be my DD.

Get him some ice and a rocks glass for all I care, it’s watching film/football, not rocket surgery.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just want him to evaluate talent, not be my DD.

Get him some ice and a rocks glass for all I care, it’s watching film/football, not rocket surgery.

I'd tend to agree, but when it comes to overlooking character concerns and the off the field component ... he could be a little compromised no?

Willing to always give a guy a second, third, and fourth chance... minimizing reports about drinking issues...

Seeing no risk in Baker at all....

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@MistaBohmbastic doesn't sound like a consultant as I said before... he's a full time employee and will be going forward with tremendous power....

Unfathomable power.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

#funthomas

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I appreciate your insinuation that if they go Mayfield that a master talent evaluator will have gotten it wrong. Why, one might ask: because he's too on the sauce to see the clearly better player in Darnold. Did I cover all you were wanting to imply?

Archived