BAKER MAYFIELD HEIGHT THRESHOLD VOTE. STOP IN, HAVE A VOTE. GUARANTEED 1000% HINGED.

NudeTayne

Jacob or Edward?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How tall would Baker Mayfield have to be for you to take him over Darnold?

• 6'0 5/8" is fine. That's my quarterback.
    • 6'2" Rodgers v2.0
    • 6'3" Prototypical mid
    • 6'4" Prototypical grandé
    • 6'5" Allen the evil cleric size
    • 6'6" Can see over o-line finally
    • 6'7" Can also cover at LT in a pinch
    • 6'8" Lobstersize

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I'd tend to agree, but when it comes to overlooking character concerns and the off the field component ... he could be a little compromised no?

Willing to always give a guy a second, third, and fourth chance... minimizing reports about drinking issues...

Seeing no risk in Baker at all....

If he was making the picks? Maybe.

Hes not.

Dont let that fact get in the way of your psychotic breakdown though. Proceed.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

I appreciate your insinuation that if they go Mayfield that a master talent evaluator will have gotten it wrong. Why, one might ask: because he's too on the sauce to see the clearly better player in Darnold. Did I cover all you were wanting to imply?

Nope... just that he has a blind spot and may not be vigilant where he needs to be when evaluating the off field character of certain players (not just mayfield) especially when they are football lifer catnip personalities that are "leaders of men...alpha male big stick swingers..."...

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he was making the picks? Maybe.

Hes not.

Dont let that fact get in the way of your psychotic breakdown though. Proceed.

Don't  you dare stand in the way of the necessary work that needs to be done when we are so close to the finish line...

hahaha... Baker, Dorsey, and McCloughan are all one person with multiple personality disorder..

29 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Don't  you dare stand in the way of the necessary work that needs to be done when we are so close to the finish line...

hahaha... Baker, Dorsey, and McCloughan are all one person with multiple personality disorder..

(In @bruceb voice) Ladies and gentlemen of the Browns forum, which is more likely: (1) Baker, Dorsey and McLoughan are all one person with multiple personality disorder or (2) @Mind Character, with a history of heavy CBD usage in the past as well as never actually staying away when he says he's gonna (an impulsive behavior pattern likely due to a lack of proper dopamine sensitivity, referred to in the DSM-V as "Unhinged Mind Character"), is meeting his alters for the first time consciously? I submit for consideration that Baker, Dorsey and Scot are mind characters and that Mind is only acting out in an attempt to quiet the voices calling him to a greatness that he fears because of its magnitude. Let's have compassion for this clearly disturbed individual.

But also let's lock him up.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah Baker didn't win the PAC-12 championship but he won 3 BIG-12 championships. He lost in double OT in the Rose Bowl but made the playoffs and won the Sugar bowl.

Also Baker turned the ball over as much as Darnold, 35 times each. So that's a push. He did have 89 more TDs but whatever.

One may be a better pro but Mayfield, for whatever reasons you want to give, was a better college passer. 2 years of college later for Darnold that may or may not be the case.

Fun fact, Darnold had more turnovers than 84 of the 129 FBS teams last year.

Completely disagree and think you are much too dismissive of scheme, surrounding cast, conference and degree of difficulty, but at this point it is what it is.

You love Mayfield. I love Darnold. We’ve both taken shots (some cheap) at each other’s guy.

I don’t think I even have the energy to argue with fellow Browns fans over the QBs any longer. Whatever happens from this point, it is what it is.

If it’s Mayfield, I’ll put aside my thoughts, hope for the best and be happy for those of you that wanted him.

If it’s Darnold, hopefully you’ll do the same.

I’m going to avoid the boards and social media tomorrow until after our picks and try to come back positive regardless.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Completely disagree and think you are much too dismissive of scheme, surrounding cast, conference and degree of difficulty, but at this point it is what it is.

You love Mayfield. I love Darnold. We’ve both taken shots (some cheap) at each other’s guy.

I don’t think I even have the energy to argue with fellow Browns fans over the QBs any longer. Whatever happens from this point, it is what it is.

If it’s Mayfield, I’ll put aside my thoughts, hope for the best and be happy for those of you that wanted him.

If it’s Darnold, hopefully you’ll do the same.

I’m going to avoid the boards and social media tomorrow until after our picks and try to come back positive regardless.

I have Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield pretty even. When the Browns make the 1st pick tomorrow I hope the name starts with an S, B or if it is a J I hope it ends with Rosen. I'll be happy with Darnold. It just seems most of the Darnold supporters think Mayfield is garbage so I end up defending him. If the tides were turned and the Mayfield fans were bashing Darnold I'd defend Darnold.

I may be wrong but I think they are both really good QB prospects. Baker has a bit of a crisper arm and makes less mistakes and Darnold is a magician at times in the pocket and takes more chances on plays downfield. Overall they are both accurate and have plus arms. Neither is a spaz with pressure. Both are mobile enough. The biggest difference is Mayfield, who can make all of the throws, goes the safer route more often than Darnold, who can makes all of the throws, who tries pushing the ball down the field more.

Statistically Mayfield was a lot better but USC had a terrible line in 2017/2018. Mayfield seems to get the ball out quicker as in sees the mismatches presnap and takes what the defense gives him. Both see the field well and go through progressions quickly. I expect Darnold to be the pick but I won't be disappointed with either of them.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield pretty even. When the Browns make the 1st pick tomorrow I hope the name starts with an S, B or if it is a J I hope it ends with Rosen. I'll be happy with Darnold. It just seems most of the Darnold supporters think Mayfield is garbage so I end up defending him. If the tides were turned and the Mayfield fans were bashing Darnold I'd defend Darnold.

I may be wrong but I think they are both really good QB prospects. Baker has a bit of a crisper arm and makes less mistakes and Darnold is a magician at times in the pocket and takes more chances on plays downfield. Overall they are both accurate and have plus arms. Neither is a spaz with pressure. Both are mobile enough. The biggest difference is Mayfield, who can make all of the throws, goes the safer route more often than Darnold, who can makes all of the throws, who tries pushing the ball down the field more.

Statistically Mayfield was a lot better but USC had a terrible line in 2017/2018. Mayfield seems to get the ball out quicker as in sees the mismatches presnap and takes what the defense gives him. Both see the field well and go through progressions quickly. I expect Darnold to be the pick but I won't be disappointed with either of them.

/allQBthreads

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Nope... just that he has a blind spot and may not be vigilant where he needs to be when evaluating the off field character of certain players (not just mayfield) especially when they are football lifer catnip personalities that are "leaders of men...alpha male big stick swingers..."...

And advisors; e.g.,  McCloughan.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@MistaBohmbastic doesn't sound like a consultant as I said before... he's a full time employee and will be going forward with tremendous power....

He endorsed Baker back in October dude. I looked it up today. In other words, 80% of this past college football season didn't even happen before he said that. At that point, Darnold was playing like crap, and Baker had just taken down OSU.

Archived