2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I like Allen, Toliver & Cobbs.

I like that we've drafted (or UDFA) enough WRs to really put pressure on the depth chart.... Bellamy, Kevin White, and Gentry are going to have to actually compete and earn a spot this year... Though for the record, I'd absolutely expect White or even Bellamy  to be capable of "winning" vs late round rookies, I at least like that there will be someone to push them. Real competitiion/depth at WR is so radically different from the Fox years where we'd be taking recycled scraps from the bottom of another teams roster, or even outright cuts and trying to make them into WR2 or WR3s for us.

Really liking the Nall-RB pick as well, the more tape I've seen. He looks like a slower and sporadically less physical Jordan Howard as a runner to me, but he also looked buttery smooth in the passing game from the clips I saw, and is capable of some really physical play when he turns that part of his game on.  I'd be very confident he bumps off Taquan Mizzell or a fullback (or both) but likely comes in as a 4th guy rather than also knocking off Cunningham. Cohen makes it a bit sketchy to go w/ less than 4 backs since he can't really be a full time guy.

Okay, so the WR holdovers are White, Bellamy, and Gentry.

Added:

Allan Robinson

Taylor Gabriel 

Benny Fowler

Marlon Brown

Demarcus Ayers

Anthony Miller

Javon Wims

Simmie Cobbs

And figure max 6 make the team.

So who still has concerns about WR?

13 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Okay, so the WR holdovers are White, Bellamy, and Gentry.

Added:

Allan Robinson

Taylor Gabriel 

Benny Fowler

Marlon Brown

Demarcus Ayers

Anthony Miller

Javon Wims

Simmie Cobbs

And figure max 6 make the team.

So who still has concerns about WR?

At this point, I think the following make the team: Miller, Robinson, Fowler, Wims, Gabriel and Bellamy. Not bad at all, especially considering the other pass catchers (Burton, Cohen, Shaheen) that they have.

Miller 25, Robinson 60, Gabriel 45, Fowler 15, Bellamy 20, Howard 15, Cohen 50, Shaheen 35, Burton 40

That’s 305 catches. Goff had 296 completions last year. With a runner like Howard, that should be good enough for MT.

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

At this point, I think the following make the team: Miller, Robinson, Fowler, Wims, Gabriel and Bellamy. Not bad at all, especially considering the other pass catchers (Burton, Cohen, Shaheen) that they have

Miller, Robinson, Gabriel are roster locks so that's 3

White has $$ tied up, but if he can't beat out a WR5-6 then honestly there's no reason to keep him. That's a very probable 4

I hate to admit it but Bellamy might actually be better than the rest of the list (or at least on par as a WR)... ST value might keep him. Probable 5th

Wims I'd imagine goes to the PS if anyone else shows up. 50/50 on #6

3 roster locks, 3 positions potentially up for grabs, with White being the guy who gets to most decide his own fate (unless fate injures him again)

Brown, Fowler, Ayers, Bellamy, Wims, Gentry fighting for 2 spots, 3 if white gets broken again or lays an egg and the team just has finally had enough.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

At this point I’m not including White on any of my projections. Lesson learned

Agreed... though I fear he's being counted on as one of the "top 4" this year..... Since I don't think Gabriel is a full time kind of guy (I see as more of a mismatch guy like Cohen)..... 

That being said our offense won't be drawn in crayon this year, and I'm curious to see lots of Cohen rotating in and/or lots of Shaheen/Burton/Sims double TE action which should massively reduce the load the WR group is carrying.

I know people are upset we didn't address OLB with a high pick or CB, but we SIGNIFICANTLY strengthened multiple positions this offseason. WR is probably the strongest top to bottom that i've ever seen as a fan (BM15/AJ17 with some depth players aside). ILB now has an elite prospect that many compared to Ray Lewis coming out of the draft, added with our athletic starter in DT59 and the instinctively sound NK44. our starting CBs are signed for at least the next 3 years, plus resigned our top nickel CB. 

yes, we didn't grab an OLB outside of our 6th rounder, but we are a better team today than we were wednesday.

15 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Agreed... though I fear he's being counted on as one of the "top 4" this year..... Since I don't think Gabriel is a full time kind of guy (I see as more of a mismatch guy like Cohen)..... 

That being said our offense won't be drawn in crayon this year, and I'm curious to see lots of Cohen rotating in and/or lots of Shaheen/Burton/Sims double TE action which should massively reduce the load the WR group is carrying.

Yeah, I think Burton’s going to line up outside more often than we all realize

Archived