2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

The draft went a lot like I thought only they double dipped in the 2nd round at WR and OG.

Love the fact that they did not over think things and run from the value that was staring them in the face.

Love the aggressive move up to make sure the WR position was not exposed yet again.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Love the aggressive move up to make sure the WR position was not exposed yet again.

Some fans are whining about this as well, which is pretty ridiculous. Ryan Pace literally used a 4th round pick to reach into the future and draft his 2nd round pick this off-season. Nothing wrong with that, but you'd better love this WR (and I think they do). When I heard we traded back into the second I immediately turned to my wife and said Anthony Miller.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Some fans are whining about this as well, which is pretty ridiculous. Ryan Pace literally used a 4th round pick to reach into the future and draft his 2nd round pick this off-season. Nothing wrong with that, but you'd better love this WR (and I think they do). When I heard we traded back into the second I immediately turned to my wife and said Anthony Miller.

I said it to my buddies. I told them the deleted Instagram story as well.

I actually did the same thing with James Daniels as I thought we would take the last highly ranked interior player when the run started.

We got great value. Usually when you trade a future pick you need to give up the higher round the following year. The Saints had to trade a 2nd for the 3rd round pick to take Kamara. I was thrilled with the actual trade value.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

The what now?

Miller posted an instagram thing about his visit to the Bears and then deleted all the pictures 3 minutes later.

The working theory was that the Bears called him and asked him to take it down, that they were trying to keep the visit quiet.

37 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Miller posted an instagram thing about his visit to the Bears and then deleted all the pictures 3 minutes later.

The working theory was that the Bears called him and asked him to take it down, that they were trying to keep the visit quiet.

Which was funny because I thought it being deleted made it more of a story IMO. 

I think Javon Wims is an under rated pick.

Physically and stylistically he is very similar to Allen Robinson. Same size, same contested catch ability. I think having someone like Wims means that if Robinson gets banged up the offense does not need to make sweeping stylistic changes to accommodate. Obviously Wims is a far lesser player, but he can execute some of the same routes and concepts as Robinson, which means you target him less, but do not need to change the play call or formations.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think Javon Wims is an under rated pick.

Physically and stylistically he is very similar to Allen Robinson. Same size, same contested catch ability. I think having someone like Wims means that if Robinson gets banged up the offense does not need to make sweeping stylistic changes to accommodate. Obviously Wims is a far lesser player, but he can execute some of the same routes and concepts as Robinson, which means you target him less, but do not need to change the play call or formations.

I see him as a less athletic Cameron Meredith.

From Peter King...

"NFC North

Chicago

Overall, the Bears had the best offseason of any team in football. GM Ryan Pace totally revamped the wideout corps, with vet Allen Robinson and rookie Anthony Miller the keys there. On defense, there’s a new-style monster of the midway, a rangy 235-pound sideline-to-sideline force, linebacker Roquan Smith. The Bears were fortunate to get him eighth overall, and he should be perfect in the middle of Vic Fangio’s defense."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/02/of...mqb-peter-king

From McShay...

"Todd McShay's "10 Favorite 2018 NFL Draft Classes" ....

1. Chicago Bears"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/in...2018-nfl-draft

Archived