2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

1 minute ago, bkokot said:

At this point, we literally only have 3 bodies on the roster at OLB... It's a serious concern because we are an injury to Floyd away from having negative pass rush.

It’s a concern sure, but the solution isn’t a draft pick in the 120’s. They’ll probably bring Houston or Young back + pray for a healthy Floyd and a good Bullard

Just now, bkokot said:

At this point, we literally only have 3 bodies on the roster at OLB... It's a serious concern because we are an injury to Floyd away from having negative pass rush.

The thing is if these OLBs aren't close on your board to your top guys then reaching gets you nowhere...wouldn't shock me to see Houston resigned after the draft and probably another vet for some other team.

A lot of guys i trust on these matters told me Joel I was a steal the tape player.  Meaning they were evaluating somebody else and he just kept flashing on screen.  He'll be good on specials right away and may develop into a Jack down the line.  

So disappointed to see Street get picked by somebody else.  

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

A lot of guys i trust on these matters told me Joel I was a steal the tape player.  Meaning they were evaluating somebody else and he just kept flashing on screen.  He'll be good on specials right away and may develop into a Jack down the line.  

So disappointed to see Street get picked by somebody else.  

Wonder who’s tape they were watching. Mike White? Maybe Hernandez when Western Kentucky played UTEP?

Just now, Madmike90 said:

No doubt but I am getting the impression there is something seriously wrong with Hurst at this point medically.

Could be. Andrew Brown out of Virginia was, at this time last year, a highly touted prospect. He appeared on a few 1st round mocks in the 20’s. he’d be a solid pick too

Bilal Nichols

Draft Prospect Outlook:

Strong interior defensive lineman with long arms he uses to jolt and control offensive linemen but doesn't consistently shed quickly when runners approach. Good athlete. Tendency to play with high pad level. Impressive balance and lower-body strength to absorb extra hits on double teams. Body of a five technique but played nose at Delaware. Adequate in all areas not spectacular in any.

College Recap:

Recruited out of Newark, Delaware, Nichols played in all 12 games as a true freshman, recording 19 total tackles. He saw action in all 11 games (one start) the following season, with 29 total tackles (two for loss), 1.5 sacks and an interception. Nichols became a regular starter as a junior while recording 25 tackles (7.5 for loss) with five sacks, five pass break-ups and a forced fumble in his 10 games of action. He also delivered a safety against Albany.

Delaware switched to a 3-4 in Nichols's senior year, and even in the new alignment he shined, easily setting a career high with 56 total tackles and racking up 5.5 sacks while notching another interception. -- R.J. White

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Bilal Nichols

Draft Prospect Outlook:

Strong interior defensive lineman with long arms he uses to jolt and control offensive linemen but doesn't consistently shed quickly when runners approach. Good athlete. Tendency to play with high pad level. Impressive balance and lower-body strength to absorb extra hits on double teams. Body of a five technique but played nose at Delaware. Adequate in all areas not spectacular in any.

College Recap:

Recruited out of Newark, Delaware, Nichols played in all 12 games as a true freshman, recording 19 total tackles. He saw action in all 11 games (one start) the following season, with 29 total tackles (two for loss), 1.5 sacks and an interception. Nichols became a regular starter as a junior while recording 25 tackles (7.5 for loss) with five sacks, five pass break-ups and a forced fumble in his 10 games of action. He also delivered a safety against Albany.

Delaware switched to a 3-4 in Nichols's senior year, and even in the new alignment he shined, easily setting a career high with 56 total tackles and racking up 5.5 sacks while notching another interception. -- R.J. White

Should play some RE on early downs and keep these LBs clean...then RRH and Bullard means we can rotate all three.

Archived