2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

Like this one - showed out well at the Shrine Game against better competition and probably fits the rotation early on. 

A bit late here but the Iggy pick is one I didn’t understand a great deal on its face. Assuming they see him as an ILB (Pace will discuss later) then it’s more of an indictment on Kwiatkowski than I would have expected, and if he’s a smaller situational edge guy then I think there were better guys available to fill that same role. At his size they could project him as a SS too. TBD. Just caught off guard by that one. Easily the worst pick of the draft for us on it’s face value. 

Fully expect he fills the ST void left by Christian Jones’ departure though. 

1 hour ago, Profound23 said:

When I grade it is based on what my opinion, not pundits.  I watched a lot of both.  Bears have spent the last two years giving away too many picks.  If Tribusky and Miller work out then it’s worth it, if not they’re setting themselves back even more.

I thought if they wanted a wideout they should’ve went Sutton over Daniels.  They also passed on Landry, Gesicki, and Josh Jackson who I think will  be better than Daniels.  When they traded up I thought maybe Washington or DJ Chark  at wideout or DB Oliver/Donte Jackson.

I thought they did a great job in the first round, after that not so much.  You feel differently and could be right.  We will find out in a year or two.

I think Roquan Smith, Josh Jackson, and James Washington would’ve been the better picks.  However, either way I would not have traded a future second.  If they go 3-13 or 4-12 (could easily happen in that division) that’s almost a 1st round pick they gave up along with other picks for a wide receiver I just don’t think is any good on the NFL level.

1 hour ago, Profound23 said:

So they made a few mistakes.  First matching the offer to Fuller and giving Burton that contract.  Second, drafting for need instead of BPA.  Third, mortgaging future picks.  They just traded away more future picks.  Eventually, that catches up to you. 

Again, just my opinion.  Not stating anything as fact.

I wasted a little too much energy arguing with this guy.  He thinks the Bears are a "loser" in this draft.

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Like this one - showed out well at the Shrine Game against better competition and probably fits the rotation early on. 

A bit late here but the Iggy pick is one I didn’t understand a great deal on its face. Assuming they see him as an ILB (Pace will discuss later) then it’s more of an indictment on Kwiatkowski than I would have expected, and if he’s a smaller situational edge guy then I think there were better guys available to fill that same role. At his size they could project him as a SS too. TBD. Just caught off guard by that one. Easily the worst pick of the draft for us on it’s face value. 

Fully expect he fills the ST void left by Christian Jones’ departure though. 

When the pick was made he was announced as an ILB. He can't play the edge in Fangio's scheme. This pick proves that the Bears didn't like the ILB play they when DT 59was out of the lineup.

1 hour ago, dafreak said:
Aaron LemingVerified account @AaronLemingNFL 13m13 minutes ago
MorDon't get me wrong, I don't hate the Iggy pick, just have no clue who he is & where he'll play. #Bears

Just because most people never heard of this guy before today does not mean he's a bad pick or won't amount to anything in the NFL.

Pretty sure NFL scouting departments have way more access to prospect info than the media and posters on draft message boards who like to pretend they know more than they actually do ...

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I wasted a little too much energy arguing with this guy.  He thinks the Bears are a "loser" in this draft.

Not too many people outside of Chicago fans pay alot of attention to the Bears and so I always take their opinions with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Not too many people outside of Chicago fans pay alot of attention to the Bears and so I always take their opinions with a grain of salt.

This is not true.  I said the Bears were winners on day 1, but didn't like their picks for day 2 and that the last few years they have been trading away future picks too often.

2 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

When the pick was made he was announced as an ILB. He can't play the edge in Fangio's scheme. This pick proves that the Bears didn't like the ILB play they when DT 59was out of the lineup.

If they saw him on the edge it would only be as a situational rusher for sure. Definitely not big enough for a 3-down role there. His being announced as an ILB doesn’t mean anything as far as where the Bears see him though. Pretty sure they base those off of what they played last year in college. We see guys get introduced all the time at positions they don’t ultimately play in the NFL, especially with linemen (guards announced as tackles, centers announced as guards, etc.) and LB (depending on the drafting team’s scheme). 

Archived