2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

1 minute ago, Profound23 said:

This is not true.  I said the Bears were winners on day 1, but didn't like their picks for day 2 and that the last few years they have been trading away future picks too often.

They have traded exactly 2 future picks under Ryan Pace's tenure.  They virtually recouped the 3rd they traded last year by trading back in the 2nd.  Its pretty clear you dont know what you are talking about with the Bears.  Just. Stop.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

They have traded exactly 2 future picks under Ryan Pace's tenure.  They virtually recouped the 3rd they traded last year by trading back in the 2nd.  Its pretty clear you dont know what you are talking about with the Bears.  Just. Stop.

They traded away an extra 4 after adding an extra during the 2017 draft to take next year’s 2nd this year. It’s really not that big of a deal. In places like this we hold them all dearly, but draft picks are nothing more than an asset with value. They’re currency. What we did is effectively no different than paying $3 for a beer at a bar when you can get a 6-pack of them for $2 apiece at the grocery store. It’s basically a convenience surcharge. If you really like Miller (and they clearly do) then trading away the 105th pick in the draft to get him a full year earlier than if you took a Miller comp in 2019 is some serious small potatoes. 

13 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Are we switching to a 4-3?  Both these kids listed as OLB?  I assume were not but I don't get it. I'm happy that gutted the hot garbage we had at ILB pre draft but still 

The Bears are staying in the 3-4. Both Smith and Iggy will play ILB. That is what Smith at Georgia in a 3-4 there.

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

They traded away an extra 4 after adding an extra during the 2017 draft to take next year’s 2nd this year. It’s really not that big of a deal. In places like this we hold them all dearly, but draft picks are nothing more than an asset with value. They’re currency. What we did is effectively no different than paying $3 for a beer at a bar when you can get a 6-pack of them for $2 apiece at the grocery store. It’s basically a convenience surcharge. If you really like Miller (and they clearly do) then trading away the 105th pick in the draft to get him a full year earlier than if you took a Miller comp in 2019 is some serious small potatoes. 

I am shocked the patriots didn't ask for the Bears first in 2019 for a premium pick in the 2nd round when the Bears didn't have a 3rd in 2018 to do the trade. The Bears got lucky to get the trade for a 2019 2nd rounder and a 2018 4th rounder. The issue though is how close are the Bears to being a playoff team and now they don't have next years 2nd to improve the team. As long as Miller is good then all is well.

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You must have some type of complex.  One random fan doesn't like any of your picks after the 1st round and I literally said it's just an opinion....and you can't let it go.

The ironic thing is last year it was the opposite.  I hated the first one (said they should've traded down for Deshaun Watson) but loved every pick after that.  It's literally one man's opinion, move on with your life dude.

4 minutes ago, Profound23 said:

You must have some type of complex.  One random fan doesn't like any of your picks after the 1st round and I literally said it's just an opinion....and you can't let it go.

The ironic thing is last year it was the opposite.  I hated the first one (said they should've traded down for Deshaun Watson) but loved every pick after that.  It's literally one man's opinion, move on with your life dude.

What do you not like about Miller or Daniels?

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I could see it being Nickerson. Small CB but his measurables were insane

Was thinking the same thing. Hill isn't out of the question either depending on how much weight Pace puts into his character concerns.

There's actually a ton of prospects for positions we no longer need still on the board..

Eq St. Brown-WR still there (had 2nd round buzz)

Poona Ford-DL less surprising but still there

Auden Tate-WR there(had some late first buzz pre combine because he plays like a big man)

Deon Cain-WR still there.

Positions we could use:

Akrum Wadley-RB

Ade Aruna-Edge (Super athletic... but stupidly raw as a player he'd almost assuredly be a weekly inactive and needs a "redshirt" year)

Tolliver II (I only remember him getting burned by Ridley on film, but he was supposed to be a day 2 corner)

Toth-OT

Senat-OT

and before I could finish typing that we took an edge... Kylie Fitts.

Archived