Marvin Lewis returns after missing time due to blood clots

bucsfan333

Sad to hear this, I hope he's back soon. I can't tell you how much I admire Lewis as a football coach. I still hate to think back to 15 years ago when Dan Snyder hired Steve Spurier to be our head coach and Marvin Lewis only to be our assistant head coach and defensive coordinator, instead of doing what he should have done in making Lewis the Redskins head coach in 2002. That one year under Lewis was Lavar Arrington's best year as a pro with 92 tackles and 11 sacks because Lewis knew how to best use Lavar and put him positions where he could be effective as a pass rusher on 3rd downs. I'll always hate Snyder for hiring Spurier to be the Redskins HC in 2002 instead of Lewis. I know Lewis wouldn't have quit like Spurier did after 2003 and the skins could have had Lewis and his 7 playoff appearances in the last 15 years instead of just the 4 they've had.

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

He's been running some of those crazy coach hours for a while now.  He needs rest and I hope he takes some...

Seriously, that crap is a GRIND. Working 100+ hours a week every week 8-9 months a year? SCREEEEEW that. No way it can be good for anybodies health.

13 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Seriously, that crap is a GRIND. Working 100+ hours a week every week 8-9 months a year? SCREEEEEW that. No way it can be good for anybodies health.

It's definitely a reason why Joe Gibbs retired after the 1992 super bowl 

50 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yea but when its something you love, it doesn't seem like 100+ hours. If you are a HC in the NFL, you almost certainly love the game. 

12 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Even if you don't notice it at first and adapt with age, it's not healthy, nobody can work that many hours, humans aren't built for it. You get burnt out and your health will go no matter how much you love it.

That's why Darth Hoodie resorts to sacrifices and blood magic.

23 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Even if you don't notice it at first and adapt with age, it's not healthy, nobody can work that many hours, humans aren't built for it. You get burnt out and your health will go no matter how much you love it.

Very true, but I think the long layoff help with that somewhat. Obviously it isnt a solution, but hey its something. Their perspective, love colored rosey glasses, is one thing, makes it easier and seem less demanding. Might actually make what your talking about even more dangerous because they may not realize just how much they are asking of their bodies. 

17 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

"He will be back as soon as possible, which could be today..."

certainly doesn't sound major, seems weird to release a statement for something he could potentially be back for the same day.

Maybe they don't want any rumours? 

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Maybe they don't want any rumours? 

Could be. Saw on NFL.com that he's back today. That's great news for Lewis and the Bengals.

Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has returned to the team after missing just one day because of a health issue, and he will coach in Friday's preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000827424/article/marvin-lewis-returns-to-bengals-will-coach-vs-bucs

Archived