Andrew Luck Injury Update 2018

Broncofan

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'm just a bit too young to remember pennington, not sure if that was similar? i get the feeling that luck will play again, but his arm is gonna be shot. and with the style of QB he is where he already tends to take a few WTF risks per game, i don't see it working out well. 

Pennington was made of glass but he was never out this long unable to even throw. It's just crazy.

I don't think I'll write him off. You had Peyton and AP with a career ending injury come back and have stellar seasons. Not saying it'll happen again but I believe in miracles. I mostly want him to come back so I can keep saying he's overrated and if he's done I'll have to call someone else overrated and I'm not ready for that level of commitment. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Pitchers can hurt their shoulder and never really pitch again never see this in football though. 

Partly because with pitchers it’s cumulative.  Wear and tear.   In football it’s usually an isolated injury players can point to at a specific play.   And then it’s fixed early.   The football throwing motion isn’t nearly as hard on the shoulder as throwing a baseball 95+ MPH over & over.   

But Luck hiding the injury for 2+ years and IND not picking up on the fact he wasn’t right makes this a lot more like baseball than football.  Which is scary because in baseball it’s almost always a career killer.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

An asterisk?  No.  Even if he went on HGH or something similar to help him heal, those sorts of treatments were created for that purpose.  I don't have any problem with him using any medical procedure to help himself recover from a major injury.  

I was just wondering

I know some treatments people speculate are going on over there aren't 100% above board. 
Wasn't sure what people would think of his career if he came back and was 100%, like would anybody be suspect of him....that's all.

49 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I don't think I'll write him off. You had Peyton and AP with a career ending injury come back and have stellar seasons. Not saying it'll happen again but I believe in miracles. I mostly want him to come back so I can keep saying he's overrated and if he's done I'll have to call someone else overrated and I'm not ready for that level of commitment. 

Peyton specifically couldn't maintain it and fizzled out after 2 and a half (2012, 2013, and the up until about the Rams game in 2014)  seasons and the Colts aren't loaded and in win now mode like the Broncos were where they can capitalize on getting borrowed time out of Luck. Also Manning played 13 years at some of the highest levels we've everyone seen at the position and was already an elite level HOF'er before his injury. He mastered his trade and knew all the little tricks to maximize what he had left. Luck was still trying to climb the mountain and put all the pieces together and live up to the promise of his talent. 

I won't say his career is over, but he's going to have a very hard time getting back to where he was, let alone achieving what he was supposed to achieve. This just feels like RGIII. People should have watched this FAR better.

I never would've thought both Luck and RG3 would've ended up busting due to injuries, Luck isn't a bust yet but he's right on the edge... Think this ends the "Luck is a top 10 QB" debate pretty handily IMO. 

Hopefully he can recover enough to maybe play again or at least not have significant issues with his shoulder theColts, the medical staff, Grigson and Luck all screwed themselves here.... best of Luck to him. 

For being such a smart guy, you gotta have a serious long-term lapse of judgement and self-awareness to neglect your shoulder for that long. 

It would be like if Enzo Ferrari built a personal F40 and then drove the hell out of it. But never changed the oil.

Yeah this looks bad enough that IMO the Colts should consider a QB at the 6th pick.  They won't, of course, they'll keep pretending everything is OK, but I'll be very very surprised if we ever see the Luck of old. This has gone on way way too long and it's all too "undercover" to be anything but bad.  All the signs are to him being done and he and the Colts just pretending otherwise. Shame, guys like him get hurt due to GM incompetence and bad luck while jackasses like Newton continue.

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

I never would've thought both Luck and RG3 would've ended up busting due to injuries, Luck isn't a bust yet but he's right on the edge... Think this ends the "Luck is a top 10 QB" debate pretty handily IMO. 

Hopefully he can recover enough to maybe play again or at least not have significant issues with his shoulder theColts, the medical staff, Grigson and Luck all screwed themselves here.... best of Luck to him. 

I think you and I have different definitions of bust then. If his career ended today, I do not think that Luck would be considered a bust.

Archived