Andrew Luck Injury Update 2018

Broncofan

10 minutes ago, matt27j said:

When these guys on well established rosters retire it's going to be Luck and Carr as the top QBs.

Luck has already thrown for 40 td's in a season, and that's without a great defense, OL or a megatron/julio/ab/jordy nelson/gronk/etc that other QBs have been fortunate enough to have.

The year that he had 40TDs he had TY Hilton and Reggie Wayne. Hilton is also a guy that put up almost 1000yds receiving last year with a very poor QB situation. Let's not act like Luck had nothing to work with there. The gap between Nelson and Hilton especially isn't all that large if there is one at all.

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

Luck is better then Alex Smith no question. You can go back and read those first few years Luck entered the league and see Luck was regarded as top 5 and Smith as bottom 5, yet their stat lines were very similar. Obviously there are contributing factors but Luck has NEVER lived up to his pre draft hype. He was never a top 5 QB in this league. Fringe top ten at his peak. 

Well to be fair, Alex Smith has never lived up to being the number one overall pick. Even if his hype wasn't as huge as Andrew's coming out. 

I think Andrew's problems are more having played for the Colts than anything else. 

Lol it was the last year of Wayne's career and he had 2 of those TD's. He was a ghost of his former self. Hilton has never even hit 10 td's.

Hilton, Fleener, Allen. Wayne could keep the chains movin. But he did not have a WR anyone would say is elite or a top red zone threat.

Hilton is very good, but he hasn't done much of anything without Luck. In fact without huge games against the Browns and 49ers it would've been an abysmal stat line. Jacoby wasn't all that terrible either. 

The gap between Nelson and Hilton is that despite only about 80 more career targets there is a 69 to 34 td ratio in favor of Nelson.

Even giving a buffer for Rodgers and other good players around Nelson that is a result which is pretty conclusive in who the more valuable player has been.

16 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I was just wondering

I know some treatments people speculate are going on over there aren't 100% above board. 
Wasn't sure what people would think of his career if he came back and was 100%, like would anybody be suspect of him....that's all.

Maybe I'm not supposed to say this, but steroids were, if not quite invented, certainly perfected by the Germans in the 1930's with the intended purpose of healing battle wounds- such as the Nazi soldiers would be incurring in the war that they were headed for. This was their original use, before the sports/bodybuilding applications grew evident. Some of the so-called healing "miracles" of professional athletes in recent years have been by rumor attributed to steroids. That being the case, could there not be some hope for Luck in this direction? I realize that steroids are controlled substances, and strictly verboten in the NFL, but I think we all have a pretty good idea of how much they are used.

Perhaps they've already pursued this angle, though, Luck and the Colts? One would imagine that money, and sources, would hardly be lacking. 

Epilogue: This is meant only as a reality-facing suggestion; I do not mean to impugn the integrity and bodily cleanliness of Andrew Luck, Ryan Grigson, the staff and coaches of the Indianapolis Colts, Tony Mandarich, The National Football League And Its Paid Sponsors, etc., etc.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Luck is in the 3-10 range with a career 87.3 passer rating

Tannehill is a replacement level QB with a career 86.5 passer rating

Agree.  Luck was a good QB, but some people are overblowing how good he actually was.  It's obvious he was not even on the same planet as guys like Brady and Rodgers, but it's actually insulting to even insinuate that he was anywhere near as good as Drew Brees.  If Andrew Luck was 100% healthy right now, he is nowhere near a top 5 QB... like it's not even close.

35 minutes ago, bzane said:

Epilogue: This is meant only as a reality-facing suggestion; I do not mean to impugn the integrity and bodily cleanliness of Andrew Luck, Ryan Grigson, the staff and coaches of the Indianapolis Colts, Tony Mandarich, The National Football League And Its Paid Sponsors, etc., etc.

And viewers like you.

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Luck is a suburb athlete and seems like a great guy. If he is done, then it is a sad day for the NFL and it's fans. 

A big discredit for the Colts organization for not building around him properly. 

The NFL needs more suburb athletes. Too many city folks...

2 hours ago, bzane said:

Maybe I'm not supposed to say this, but steroids were, if not quite invented, certainly perfected by the Germans in the 1930's with the intended purpose of healing battle wounds- such as the Nazi soldiers would be incurring in the war that they were headed for. This was their original use, before the sports/bodybuilding applications grew evident. Some of the so-called healing "miracles" of professional athletes in recent years have been by rumor attributed to steroids. That being the case, could there not be some hope for Luck in this direction? I realize that steroids are controlled substances, and strictly verboten in the NFL, but I think we all have a pretty good idea of how much they are used.

Perhaps they've already pursued this angle, though, Luck and the Colts? One would imagine that money, and sources, would hardly be lacking. 

"My name ith Andru Lug and i approov thith methage"3a61578c98fcbc381e74e3ee01463052 

5 hours ago, bzane said:

636180323584276389-luckcivilwar.0.0.jpg

Dearest Mother - 

I lay before my brothers-in-arms, as my arms lay before me, totally detached from the body from which it came. Our noble allies from Deuschland send message of a miraculous tonic that holds the spiritual healing to my physical body. Despite the continued admonishment of my superiors - namely one Gen. Roger Goodell - I do have the desire to injest this nectar of the gods into my body, thereby finding renewed vigor to continue the battle.

- Andrew

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Well to be fair, Alex Smith has never lived up to being the number one overall pick. Even if his hype wasn't as huge as Andrew's coming out. 

I think Andrew's problems are more having played for the Colts than anything else. 

Smith lived up to it last year. 4k yards 104 qbr in 15 games. Pretty solid iyam

Archived