Andrew Luck Injury Update 2018

Broncofan

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

An asterisk?  No.  Even if he went on HGH or something similar to help him heal, those sorts of treatments were created for that purpose.  I don't have any problem with him using any medical procedure to help himself recover from a major injury.  

Amen. I had this discussion with people when it was first reported he went to Europe for treatment. Of course some idiot said he went there for a treatment that was "unnatural."

Ummm... unnatural? How "natural" is having a surgeon repair an ACL with cadaver donor tissue or out of a piece of the patella tendon? How natural are surgeries to repair torn ligaments, tendons, remove floating bone fragments or parts of the meniscus? David Pollack regained his ability to walk through unnatural medical treatment... Keep in mind this guy has had atator cuff repaired so the hypocrisy is being painted on pretty thick. lol

While I'm not too knowledgeable on the details of his injury, it very well might have been a hindrance to his day to day life, or at least been building up to it. If so that alone justifies about any treatment he chooses to have to heal.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I was just wondering

I know some treatments people speculate are going on over there aren't 100% above board. 
Wasn't sure what people would think of his career if he came back and was 100%, like would anybody be suspect of him....that's all.

People mostly didn't care about Manning going to the shady Guyer Institute and his wife getting HGH delivered to their house, so nah.

On another note, Colts might want to take down that Grigson Exec of the Year banner. If Luck doesnt return to full health, what a waste of a great talent.

52 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think you and I have different definitions of bust then. If his career ended today, I do not think that Luck would be considered a bust.

Fair enough, but in the same way Sergio Kindle and likely Malik McDowell are couldn't play due to circumstances outside of their control they are still busts. 

Obviously there's no way anyone could've predicted Luck's injury but if you don't live up to your draft status you're a bust IMO. It varies and is entirely subjective but the fact Luck at his best never won a superbowl or was a top 5 QB (I'll admit this is up for debate)and the fact he'll probably never be the same because of the injury to his shoulder leans me to saying he's a bust for what most people expected out of him (Top 5 QB, Superbowl or two, consistent playoff appearances etc.) 

I still refuse to believe that Luck is done...I just cant imagine what it would be like if this truly ended his career. The entire situation would go down, IMO, as one of the biggest sports tragedies (that werent deaths) ever. 

People love to call him overrated because he sometimes threw more INTs or had more fumbles than what people think are an acceptable amount. Which is another topic in itself in how retarded it is to look at a QB INT total in a vacuum. 

I think that if this never happens, Luck would be the best QB in the NFL right now. Ahead of Rodgers and Brady. 

The guy is special. And as a fan of football, seeing his career end like this would be truly tragic. Like it legitimately makes my stomach turn whenever I have to listen to more bad news come out every week. 

And I cant even imagine how Colts fans must feel...People saying theyre "glad" Luck might be done bc the Colts already had a HOF QB in Manning are morons. 

I cant imagine what Id do if this happened to a certain QB in Philly....

Pretty sure the city would burn.

have some heart man this is an injury thread, we have a century of players whose careers were cut short 

don't be tossing that label around for players that were elevating their teams while they were healthy but couldn't help it

bust is for those bums that can't learn the game a new way or have a work ethic

Luck's tweets are magic and continue to inspire in grim times.

21 minutes ago, Ryan_W said:

have some heart man this is an injury thread, we have a century of players whose careers were cut short 

don't be tossing that label around for players that were elevating their teams while they were healthy but couldn't help it

bust is for those bums that can't learn the game a new way or have a work ethic

Luck's tweets are magic and continue to inspire in grim times.

I was trying to come up with a way to justify my response but you're right, this wasn't the thread for that. My apologies, I truly hope Luck is able to return to the level he previously was at or exceed it.

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

People love to call him overrated because he sometimes threw more INTs or had more fumbles than what people think are an acceptable amount. Which is another topic in itself in how retarded it is to look at a QB INT total in a vacuum. 

I think that if this never happens, Luck would be the best QB in the NFL right now. Ahead of Rodgers and Brady. 

And this is exactly the kind of crap why people called him overrated. 

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

It's more likely Luck is traded to a team like the Chargers, Bengals or Ravens by next hear.

Who knows, maybe John Dorsey would draft Saquon Barkley and Denzel Ward then trade a pick for Luck.

lol what?

If the Colts are willing to trade Luck, wouldn't that raise red flags for the team trading for him?

And the Barkley/Ward/trade 4 Luck scenario is a joke. Dip yourself.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And this is exactly the kind of crap why people called him overrated. 

That and the pre draft hype. Then he comes into the league and puts up Alex Smith type numbers but he’s labeled a top 5 QB ahead of guys like Rivers and Ben.

At this point I doubt he will see the field again. People will ask what he could have been? Exactly what he was. An above average starter who at times could be argued was approaching that top ten area. He was never a top 5 guy. Derek Carr has been better in comparison up to this point and still has room to grow to hit his ceiling. 

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

lol what?

If the Colts are willing to trade Luck, wouldn't that raise red flags for the team trading for him?

And the Barkley/Ward/trade 4 Luck scenario is a joke. Dip yourself.

Red flags for the team trading, yes. Less value in return for the Colts probably. Teams get desperate though.

I don't know what dipping myself means but the scenario you're quoting is just mere consideration. It's a thought, not a prediction or expectation.

37 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Red flags for the team trading, yes. Less value in return for the Colts probably. Teams get desperate though.

I don't know what dipping myself means but the scenario you're quoting is just mere consideration. It's a thought, not a prediction or expectation.

Beandip. Take your hand, cup your breastmeat, and pull it upwards in a scooping fashion.

Archived