Andrew Luck Injury Update 2018

Broncofan

10 minutes ago, Classic said:

I really hope this isn't the end of Luck's career. He's one of most exciting QBs to watch ever.

I really don't get statements like this. He's really not. This is why people think he's comically overrated.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

I really don't get statements like this. He's really not. This is why people think he's comically overrated.

Well I'm just speaking from all the QBs I've watched. I didn't say he was the GOAT, no need to get angry over my comments. 

1 minute ago, Classic said:

Well I'm just speaking from all the QBs I've watched. I didn't say he was the GOAT, no need to get angry over my comments. 

Well that would just be ridiculous. I still just don't see it. Even among QB's today you have Rodgers who is one of the best physical talents ever. Cam who is basically Ben but faster with less accuracy. Brees who is still lightning. Super clutch Brady. Wilson who feels like a wonderkid. Hell even Wentz last year was more exciting than anything Luck ever did. I'd much rather wathc those guys than Luck. 

2 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

He was supposed to be "that guy."  He was not that guy.

Well yeah. That's always been his thing. Psychologically when people expect an anticipate something, they give it the benefit of the doubt for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Not angry. It's just that your bar is hella-low.

I said he was fun to watch not anything else. I'm not sure how this is an argument.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Well that would just be ridiculous. I still just don't see it. Even among QB's today you have Rodgers who is one of the best physical talents ever. Cam who is basically Ben but faster with less accuracy. Brees who is still lightning. Super clutch Brady. Wilson who feels like a wonderkid. Hell even Wentz last year was more exciting than anything Luck ever did. I'd much rather wathc those guys than Luck. 

Well yeah. That's always been his thing. Psychologically when people expect an anticipate something, they give it the benefit of the doubt for a long time. 

Is this suppose to be an argument? I love watching those QBs play as well I'm not sure why I've gotten you guys so rattled up. 

It's not surprising that Luck gets this much love.   It doesn't mean he belongs in that top 3 tier being mentioned, but he created moments that captured people's memories long after.   7 GW drives his rookie year.   The KC playoff comeback.    Other players have done this before - but few did it at such a young age.    And that's a big part of the love - people projected more growth that never happened - and to be fair to them, again it was pretty clearly timed with his early 2016 injury.   

Still, he hasn't earned the right to be called top 3 guy in his era - he really was a guy you could put in the 5-10 range except for 2013.  But coming off only 3 years experience, the potential to become elite was there.  Still, you can't say you've earned it until you've done it.   He never did it...and the risk he won't ever do it is sky high.  Which would be a shame.

Just now, Classic said:

I said he was fun to watch not anything else. I'm not sure how this is an argument.

Is this suppose to be an argument? I love watching those QBs play as well I'm not sure why I've gotten you guys so rattled up. 

It's because you said he's one of the most exciting QB's to watch EVER. He's arguably not even top 5 of the 2010's in most exciting to watch. And he's only had 4 real full seasons and only one was anything I'd consider strong. 

Just now, lancerman said:

It's because you said he's one of the most exciting QB's to watch EVER. He's arguably not even top 5 of the 2010's in most exciting to watch. And he's only had 4 real full seasons and only one was anything I'd consider strong. 

You don't think he's exciting, I do. I'm not sure why I keep having to explain myself. 

6 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

You could always stop.  Lance is being light by internet standards.  We just whole heartedly disagree with you. 

That's Fair. I'll continue to post on this thread though I want to hear updates on Luck's injury.

12 hours ago, DaveDX said:

You could always stop.  Lance is being light by internet standards.  We just whole heartedly disagree with you. 

Being light by internet standards?

So, rather than being some kind of ultimate basement troll, he's been doing everything he can to crap on any sort of praise given to Luck in this entire thread. Gotcha. Still doesnt mean hes being bigoted by literally calling somebody stupid/a homer for literally having just his own football opinion regarding which players are most fun for him to watch in his lifetime?

Uh alright then.

Also , @lancerman really has no business questioning any football opinion after just saying that Andrew Luck has only had "1 strong season". ?

Archived