Browns thoughts.

cconocool

Would it be so crazy if the Browns didn't grab a QB?

Grab two great players or one great prospects and trade down for more assets.

Having a rookie QB isn't going to change the culture of the team and they are the most hit and miss prospects out there.

They did trade for Tyrod Taylor and with support around him, he should make the team better.

Or am I insane? 

9 minutes ago, cconocool said:

How so?

They have two bites at the apple to potentially rectify a problem they've had for decades.

Hell, it'd be smarter to draft a QB at #1 and #4 than to not draft one at all, especially in a year we could see 6 QBs taken in the 1st round.

Unless the Browns hate every first round QB in this draft class, i don't see why they would ignore the position twice in round one. Recently, Cleveland has been stuck taking the 3rd or 4th QB, and if 5 or 6 go in round one, the position won't be resolved. Tyrod Taylor isn't the answer.

If tyrod is serviceable as you say, they may end up winning 5-6 games this year. If that happens, they won't be picking #1 overall next year they will be picking closer to #10. At that point theyd have to trade up to take a QB they like. They have two picks at the top of the second round, so they will have time to address other positions.

It'sthe same reason I think the giants will end up with a QB as well. Sure, taking a player at another position may help you more in year one, but as a GM you need to be thinking about farther down the road. 

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If I was the Browns I would draft Darnold at 1 and Josh Allen at 4 and let them and Tyrod compete and see who is the top dog. 

I keep hearing this idea. I think it would be incredibly foolish to say the least. It's like answering 'all of the above' to a true or false question on a test. 

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

If the Browns don’t draft a QB, the fans should boycott the franchise until it’s sold.

They will. It would cost the owner, Haslam a couple of hundred millions of dollars in lost revenue, minimum and I am sure he would just love that!!!

Anything is possible and if they think they can trade back up for a third first round pick or something then that would probably depend on how things fall. I hope they take Mayfield or Rosen first and Denzel Ward fourth. Of course, Darnold is the liklier selection at QB first overall...

It would be. Outside of Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning level "sure thing" prospects, which happen about once a decade, this is about as solid of a QB class as you are going to come across and with QBs of every flavor. If you don't draft a QB here, its basically because your standards are too high and are waiting for a "perfect prospect." I didn't kill the Browns for passing on Wentz or Watson (which weren't nearly the sure thing everyone retroactively pretends they are) but this time, with their choice of top non-QB at 4 (basically) this is the year to draft one.

Archived