Browns thoughts.

cconocool

18 hours ago, cconocool said:

Would it be so crazy if the Browns didn't grab a QB?

Yes, it would.

Grab two great players or one great prospects and trade down for more assets.

I guess, but there are 4 great QB prospects in this draft class.

Having a rookie QB isn't going to change the culture of the team and they are the most hit and miss prospects out there.

Having a much improved overall team based on the FA moves we've made will though.

They did trade for Tyrod Taylor and with support around him, he should make the team better.

Tyrod Taylor is not the answer.

Or am I insane? 

Yes.

3 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

How is Hue not in the decision making process for a quarterback? This org is so dysfunctional.

Like we needed any more proof that they fired the wrong guy.

Hue doesn't need to be in on it. They have Tyrod as the starter for his last year as coach. Who they select for when Hue is gone is irrelevant to him :D

There is no way the Browns shouldn't take a QB with one of their 1st round picks.

It gets said ad nauseum, and i'll say it again here, but the QB is the is one of the fundamental keys to success in the NFL. When you get one who can not only play in this league but play well you have a chance of achieving a level of success.

There's a group of QB's in this draft who have that potential, so the Browns absolutely have to get one. To have a chance of drafting your long term signal caller is one that has to be taken by any franchise. 

36 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

How is Hue not in the decision making process for a quarterback? This org is so dysfunctional.

Like we needed any more proof that they fired the wrong guy.

Who said he’s not in on the process?  They’ve gotten his input. He’s just not being told who Dorsey will take until later today. Nobody is. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why? 

Why does he need to be told who it is at this point? What does it change? It makes no difference if you tell him or not right now. 

It's not exactly when he's told, it's how he's told. They should both be in consensus who their guy is. If not, here's to another season of disconnect between the coaching staff and the front office. I have a feeling I know which will lose this battle for Jimmy Haslem's trust next season.

Just now, chris00cm said:

It's not exactly when he's told, it's how he's told. They should both be in consensus who their guy is. If not, here's to another season of disconnect between the and the coaching staff and the front office. I have a feeling I know which will lose this battle for Jimmy Haslem's trust next season.

Dorsey and Eliot Wolf came out of GB and this is exactly how Ted Thompson did it too.

They all talk, meet, discuss multiple times. But nobody knows the final answer until draft day- that keeps leaks from happening.

Its not a smear on Hue, its just a successful tactic in keeping the lid on things and it makes it easier on the others in interviews etc if they truly do not know.

2 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

It's not exactly when he's told, it's how he's told. They should both be in consensus who their guy is. If not, here's to another season of disconnect between the coaching staff and the front office. I have a feeling I know which will lose this battle for Jimmy Haslem's trust next season.

Again, why? This happens all the time - this isn't a Browns issue. It's naive to think that every GM and head coach are sympatico on every first round draft choice. If they've gotten Hue's input, that's all there is to it (and I have no idea if they did, but let's just assume that they did). Every team functions in some regards like this. The pick, and it's success, still falls on Dorsey. If he likes one guy, and Jackson likes another, what then? Do you take a guy that they both somewhat like as a compromise? No. You take the guy that you feel most comfortable with and you feel has the best chance to succeed. If you were in Dorsey's shoes and you liked someone but you're head coach likes another, are you taking the guy that your HC likes, knowing it could cost you your job? Or are you banking on yourself? Everyone is not going to agree all the time. 

Archived