Al's Final Mock Draft - 3 Trades

AlNFL19

1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC - No-brainer pick here, right? The Browns can't afford to take another projection at quarterback.

2. New York Giants: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State - The best player in the draft on my board, Barkley can be a game-changing talent for the Giants' offense.

3. New York Jets (via Indianapolis): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma - This one's been picking up steam for a while. Mayfield has the guts, accuracy, and mobility to play in big-market NY.

4. Cleveland Browns (via Houston): Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State - Not the best value on my board, but pairing Chubb with Garrett gives Cleveland something to look forward to.

5. Denver Broncos: Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame - Trading down is an option here but I think Denver holds and drafts BPA.

6. Indianapolis Colts (via New York): Roquan Smith, WLB, Georgia - Indianapolis needs an explosive weakside linebacker and Smith is the best in the draft, and tied for my best overall player.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derwin James, SS, Florida State - It's going to happen, isn't it? James to Tampa seems destined to happen. He's a physical and athletic safety to give them something there.

8. Chicago Bears: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State - This is both need and BPA. Ward is an electric athlete and has great footwork, though he may have to play inside.

9. San Francisco 49ers: Tremaine Edmunds, ILB, Virginia Tech - With Smith gone, the '9ers grab a freak athlete at linebacker. In a few years with a prime Garoppolo quarterbacking the offense and a prime Edmunds quarterbacking the defense, San Fran could be pretty good.

MOCK TRADE: The New England Patriots send 1.23, 1.31, and 2.63 to Oakland for 1.10, 3.75

10. New England Patriots: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA - Rosen has a quick release and is reportedly liked in New England as a target to be the heir to the throne when Tom Brady retires.

11. Miami Dolphins: Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama - Fitzpatrick is a great all-around DB and I'd stray away from Allen here because I doubt he'll end up much better than Tannehill.

12. Buffalo Bills (via Cincinnati): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming - Buffalo gets the best quarterback left on the board, or tied in my opinion for best QB left. Allen has a rocket arm but will need time.

13. Washington: Vita Vea, DT, Washington - Vea is the draft's best nose tackle and can plug two gaps easily for Washington. Payne is higher on my board but Vea is the better NT.

14. Green Bay Packers: Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College - One of the most explosive pass rushers in the draft, Landry can replace Clay Matthews here.

15. Arizona Cardinals: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama - This is AZ's one chance in this draft to land the Fitz replacement. Ridley is an explosive WR who can be a No. 1 in my belief.

MOCK TRADE: The New Orleans Saints send 1.27, 3.91, and a 2018 2nd to Baltimore for 1.16

16. New Orleans Saints: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville - New Orleans is often listed as one of the best fits for Jackson, and for good reason. He's just unlikely to make it to 27. Jackson and Kamara gives New Orleans a deadly potential next ten years.

17. Los Angeles Chargers: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama - Adding the best DT on my board would just make this defensive line ridiculous. Ingram, Bosa, and Payne? Can't stop it.

18. Seattle Seahawks: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame - Williams is better on my board but McGlinchey is ready for the NFL. Russell Wilson deserves that in a RT (or LT if Brown is kicked to RT).

19. Dallas Cowboys: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland - I personally wouldn't do this but the Cowboys need to replace Dez.

20. Detroit Lions: Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA - Ansah may be hard to keep. Here's his potential replacement or counterpart.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (via Buffalo): Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP - Cincy replaces Kevin Zeitler with a phenomenally tough and strong OG.

22. Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City): Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State - Vander Esch is a rangy linebacker who can replace Preston Brown.

23. Oakland Raiders (via New England through Los Angeles): Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville - The CB and ILB classes are pretty deep. I'd see OAK going Jaire over Rashaan Evans because he's the rare CB with the speed to cover Tyreek Hill.

24. Carolina Panthers: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia - Wynn is one of the best guards on my board and would be an instant starter for Carolina.

25. Tennessee Titans: Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama - Tennessee gets its new quarterback of the defense for Mike Vrabel's unit.

26. Atlanta Falcons: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida - Bryan is the best DT left other than Hurst, who has some serious medical questions.

27. Baltimore Ravens: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State - Baltimore trades back with no TE worth pick 16, and gets their guy here. Goedert is a versatile matchup weapon.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa - Jackson can be a real No. 1 CB. You need that in a division with A.J. Green and Josh Gordon.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars: Connor Williams, OT, Texas - Jacksonville grabs my top OT to go along with Cam Robinson. Good value here IMO.

30. Minnesota Vikings: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA - Miller's athleticism could make him go higher, but I think 30 is good placement for the guy. He should be able to sit and learn and then be a great starter.

31. Oakland Raiders: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia - Oakland gets its Jamie Collins-style linebacker in Carter to plug in the middle of the defense or on the edge.

MOCK TRADE: The Denver Broncos send 2.40, 4.106, and 5.149 to Philadelphia for 1.32

32. Denver Broncos: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State - John Elway trades up for the fifth year option and to leapfrog the Giants at the top of round two. Rudolph is a solid quarterback prospect who could be the future in Denver. Philadelphia doesn't have many roster holes but is lacking draft picks. This gives them more.

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

6. Indianapolis Colts (via New York): Roquan Smith, WLB, Georgia - Indianapolis needs an explosive weakside linebacker and Smith is the best in the draft, and tied for my best overall player.

We are cut from the same cloth, you and I.

Solid Vikings pick. I do think he'll need time to develop, so a second OL would be needed to play one of the OG positions for a year or more, ideally someone taken in round two. That would be a heavy investment into the OL, but probably worth it.

12 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

MOCK TRADE: The New England Patriots send 1.23, 1.31, and 2.63 to Oakland for 1.10, 3.75

Pats are giving up more than they should in this deal. Even if it's just 23 and 31 for 10, it's still a bit steep, but more realistic.

Archived