My First Mock (and first post in a long time)

NinerNation21

It's been a loooong time since I've posted on here. I've been lurking off on but have been busy with a complete home renovation and prepping for a newborn on the way. Life, man...

I've been doing a lot of mock draft viewing, and it's making me want to do one, so here we are.

*Josh Rosen falls to #9 and after a trade war between the Dolphins, Bills, Patriots, and Cardinals, the Patriots trade both firsts and 2nd round pick to the 49ers for our first and 5th pick.

1 (23). Harold Landry, Edge, Boston College
We need a dynamic edge rusher, and Landry compliments our DL better than anyone else in the draft. Getting Landry at 23 is a steal. He can come in and make an immediate impact.

1 (31). Isiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
Oliver fits our press man scheme perfectly. He's long, athletic, and aggressive. He provides excellent depth and will be ready to step into a starting role if Sherman doesn't rebound from his injury. We need all of the pass defenders that we can get.

2 (43). Isiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
Wynn's athleticism transitions well to our zone-blocking scheme as an interior lineman. He could come in and compete for a starting spot right away.

2 (59). Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
Hurst is an athletic TE with natural pass-catching ability. He and Kittle together could make one of the most dangerous TE combos in the NFL.

3 (70). Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State
Gallup is an excellent fit for the 49ers. He's big, fast, and is considered an above-average route runner. His body type adds a dimension to the WR group that we don't currently have on the roster.

3 (74). Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford
This corner class is stacked, so I double-dipped to stock our terrible CB depth. Meeks fits the long, athletic press corner we're looking for and could be an immediate contributor at the outside corner spot.

4 (128). Fred Warner, LB, BYU
Warner is an excellent pass coverage LB, which is becoming the most important skill that a LB needs. He projects well to playing in the nickel, which is the new base formation.

6 (184). Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina
Statistically, Moore was the highest rated LB in coverage in CFB last year. Moore will provide solid depth at WILL and MIKE.

7 (223). David Bright, OT, Stanford
Bright has the versatility and mental processing ability to play on both sides of the line and even started games at guard. He could fill our swing tackle spot out of camp and hold onto the position.

7 (240). Dylan Cantrell, WR, Texas Tech
Big-bodied WR that's an excellent route runner and pass catcher. He's not overly fast or twitchy, but he excels at contested catches and using his body to out-position defenders. 

One of my favorites. Love turning one pick into three high potential guys.  Some folks here want to use 9 on Landry so getting hjim in the trade down plus Wynn and Oliver would be outstanding.Adding a new weapon at both WR and TE, a nice mid-round CB, and then doubling up on lbs lower down - just great.

Woah! Hello again, NN21. Good to see you're still around and seemingly living a good one, congrats. 

This is a very good haul of players, and I'd be happy. Like I mentioned to J, I would still be a little concerned about whether we have a good run stopping ILB between the tackles.. but if Warner can be up to the task? Great. Either way, good looking draft. :) 

I would fade into nonexistence as a result of pure adulterated ecstasy.  That said, I have a hard time believing Wynn and Warner are available at those picks. BUT you could probably flip Hurst and Wynn and it'd be a lot more believable. 

Archived