Draft Predictions

drfrey13

Just about every year there is a player that we seem to be connected to that it is almost a certainty that we will grab.  As fa as I have seen there is no such player this year. Who is your 99% positive player and also your dark horse surprise pick.

99% - Geron Christian OT (Do not know why but just have this feeling about him)

Dark Horse - Courtland Sutton WR (If he is their in the second I think Gruden would try to get RM fired if he passed but I would not be surprised if we took him in the first.  Always one way to early pick in the eyes of analysts and I believe Sutton will be it)

Tim Settle, DT Oren Burks, ILB and Duke Ejiofor, DE to go along with those two and I would be satisfied.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

If the Raiders don't draft a linebacker in round 1, I expect Mke McCray to be a Raider before the end of the 5th round. He's exactly the type of player Gruden has been talking about in the middle.

Never heard of him. What's your take?

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Never heard of him. What's your take?

Two down only ILB but he can blitz through the A gap pretty well. He's also big and has decent zone awareness.

He's apparently much smaller than his listed height at 6'4", though. I didn't realize he was only 6'1" after looking again. I'm less confident in the Raiders picking him now.

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Two down only ILB but he can blitz through the A gap pretty well. He's also big and has decent zone awareness.

He's apparently much smaller than his listed height at 6'4", though. I didn't realize he was only 6'1" after looking again. I'm less confident in the Raiders picking him now.

McCray is more of the same. Slow, exposed in coverage. Raiders have enough of these guys clogging up the roster.

Tegray Scales is the LB in the mid rounds. His instincts and play recognition IMO are second only to Smith. He's not as fast or as sure a tackler obviously. He's vocal, which IMO you want in a LB. 

This is tough because we're always one of the more difficult teams to project and this year is even more of a mystery with the Gruden dynamic.  But here are my best throws in the dark.

99% if we are able to trade back we're taking a Tackle in the first....my guess is McGlinchey or Kolton Miller but most likely Miller.  I just think there is too much validity to the rumor about their interest in him and I don't get the feeling his name was thrown out there out of left field for no reason.

Since that prediction is reliant on a trade, then I'm 99% sure Reggie will take his sone in the later rounds.  I mean how does this not happen, it's his freaking son and he just happens to play at a position of need.

My darkhorse is Rashaad Penny from SDSU in the 3rd....I don't think we've been linked to him but I just want to see us get him.  I think he would be a steal and I'm just a big fan of his game and he's a Cali product.

If the team were to take Red flag guy my guess would be Antonio Callaway from Florida.  Reggie tends to stay away from these guys but his talent and late round value may be too much to not take a flier on him especially with our WR depth.

Absolutely no real backing for any of these but some things I have a feeling on

1. Sony Michel / Anthony Miller: If either are there in the 2nd I think we jump on them. I believe Gruden is content with what we have on offense but if the value is there and it would be with these two guys in the 2nd I don't think he'd reach on a defensive player/OL. Love both of these guys. 

2. We are part of 2 draft trades. Some combo of a first round trade, or packaging of our many mid-late round picks I think we'll be pretty active both trading up/back. 

10 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Absolutely no real backing for any of these but some things I have a feeling on

1. Sony Michel / Anthony Miller: If either are there in the 2nd I think we jump on them. I believe Gruden is content with what we have on offense but if the value is there and it would be with these two guys in the 2nd I don't think he'd reach on a defensive player/OL. Love both of these guys. 

2. We are part of 2 draft trades. Some combo of a first round trade, or packaging of our many mid-late round picks I think we'll be pretty active both trading up/back. 

Both of those guys just seem like they would be fantastic in a Gruden offense.

Archived