GERM-X: 1st/Only Denver Broncos 2018 Mock Draft

germ-x

Agree with pretty much everything that has been stated in regards to Jones and Chark.  Though I do like Jones a bit more than some in the forum.  Would still take Penny or Chubb at #40 over him.  As far as Chark, I think it’d be a big reach.  His height/speed is tantalizing, but from what I’ve seen he doesn’t look natural going after the football.  

51 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Agree with pretty much everything that has been stated in regards to Jones and Chark.  Though I do like Jones a bit more than some in the forum.  Would still take Penny or Chubb at #40 over him.  As far as Chark, I think it’d be a big reach.  His height/speed is tantalizing, but from what I’ve seen he doesn’t look natural going after the football.  

I'd be less bent out of shape if they took Jones relative to Chark. Jones has at least proven his ability repeatedly on the field. I have some injury concerns with him. He's had a few hammy issues which is concerning.

Chark is a body catcher. Typically body catchers who rely on deep speed are a very dicey proposition early in the draft. In Round 3 I might be okay with taking him, but taking him over guys like Anthony Miller, Michael Gallup...I just don't see the logic.

8 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Nice work.

LVE is an Inside Linebacker

I think ILB is where he eventually settles in, but with the current depth he can be deployed all over the place to get him on the field.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I think ILB is where he eventually settles in, but with the current depth he can be deployed all over the place to get him on the field.

If we are not drafting him to be immediately get on the field in the middle as a cover guy and Bobby Bouchet tackle fuel guy I think it's the same as the D. Walker pick last year.  And the fact that he is versatile is a huge plus.

Love the first two picks. They are what I hope happens if we trade down. Hate R2 as much as I love R1 though.

I have Vita as a elite level prospect and LVE would likely be there as well if he had more than one year of production. Those are two guys that could transform the defense from good but declining to great once again. Both offer so, so much.

Vita is solid.  An anchor.  2018 Ngata.  Jones is a little slight for me but he has some Kamara qualities that I do like.  Prefer Davis in Chark's spot, but otherwise very good. 

Speaking of Bradly Roby.  He is nearly never mentioned in Elway's #1 picks. Like, I think Roby was a stellar pick....I mean, during our Super Bowl run...take Von out and take Roby out, and I don't think you get passed the divisional rounds.  Elway has had a great eye for CBs...makes you wonder what Langley will be??

19 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Speaking of Bradly Roby.  He is nearly never mentioned in Elway's #1 picks. Like, I think Roby was a stellar pick....I mean, during our Super Bowl run...take Von out and take Roby out, and I don't think you get passed the divisional rounds.  Elway has had a great eye for CBs...makes you wonder what Langley will be??

I still have a small amount of hope for Langley. Physically, he has everything you want in a CB but, he is SOOOOOOOOOO raw coming out that he has to be viewed as a developmental player. The problem is, this team doens't seem to do very well developing draft picks the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I still have a small amount of hope for Langley. Physically, he has everything you want in a CB but, he is SOOOOOOOOOO raw coming out that he has to be viewed as a developmental player. The problem is, this team doens't seem to do very well developing draft picks the last few years. 

I saw so much more out of Webster his rookie year than Langley and they were similar in their athletic abilities. Webster never improved and Langley certainly could, but it gives me a pretty negative outlook. We still have Woods who you have to think is strong with secondary guys, so we'll see. 

6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I will hold out hope too, because you are right...physically, Langley could be a shut down kind of CB...the probably I had with it was it was a 4th round pick.  He could have been drafted 7th, and we could have gushed over the talent from there and been okay with it.  I hope for Elway's sake that there is a Chris Harris work ethic there, if not, hopefully he is the special teams guy that Webster was.  

Archived