Believable Shockers/Sleepers at Number 4

Mind Character

I think a lot of us would be surprised if we stay at 4 and don't select one of Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley, or Denzel Ward.

But could Dorsey and co. shock us by going in a different direction? If so, who could it be?

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama: Does Dorsey see him as an elite outside CB by chance? Did we write him off too soon?

2. Vita Vea, NT Washington: Does the FO see him as providing Haloti Ngata type impact? (I don't see that type of skill personally)

3. Tremaine Edmunds, LB Va.Tech: Is his upside and pass rush versatility too much to pass up?

---------------

Off the list... Marcus Davenport (34 OLB exclusively based on tape imo, and lacks blue chip talent), Derwin James (scheme fit excludes him due to being a SS redundancy imo)...

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

"Quenton Nelson and move Bitonio."

*beating dead horse emoji*

That's all I got really. Edmunds if he's considered scheme-versatile and a legit pass rusher, then yeah I could see that too. 

If Fitz can play outside I say we take the Irishman

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I could see it, if not the obvious of Chubb/Barkley (who we won't draft anyway as he's a RB), then I would vote:

Denzel Ward

Nelson

James/Fitzpatrick

I could live with any of those picks but while I don't think a guard is the right call for us as we have the guard position pretty locked down, I understand Nelson is a well above average Guard and is 1 of the safest picks in this years draft. So even though I wouldn't agree as I think we have way bigger needs, u get the thinking behind it. 

As a surprise pick?

I like the idea of James as a corner in Williams scheme in a Maddeny kind of way.

Edmunds is gonna be a monster, wouldn’t be mad at all.

I won’t bet against Minkah, he’s a good football player whose stock is lower than it should be right now imo.

Can’t help but think Chubb ticks the boxes. We also know that Dorsey was searching for pass rushers by his pursuit of Quinn etc.

Ward a close second is non-surprising terms.

Shocker pick, I’ll go for Tremaine Edmunds. Sensational athlete, 19 years old and possibly a monster pass rusher down the line. Really a do everything linebacker.

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I won’t bet against Minkah, he’s a good football player whose stock is lower than it should be right now imo.

Yeah, it’s weird how he disappeared from the conversation once we traded for D Randall. If Dorsey truly likes his DB’s to be bigger guys, he makes more sense than Ward (on the surface, anyway).

41 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yeah, it’s weird how he disappeared from the conversation once we traded for D Randall. If Dorsey truly likes his DB’s to be bigger guys, he makes more sense than Ward (on the surface, anyway).

As does James TBH.

His athletic profile matches that of an elite CB, he just hasn’t played the position.

Archived