First Depth Chart

MrCincinnati

http://www.bengals.com/team/depth-chart.html

Most of it isn't surprising. The rookies being so low is something they always done for the past several years. The most notable things iv'e noticed though....

*Core being the 3rd or 4th WR, and currently ahead of Erickson
*Clarke being ahead of Gilberry, Smith and Hardison for the final DE spot
*Hardison listed as a DE
*Sims as the starting NT, ahead of Billings
*Thompson ahead of Williams of a potential last DT spot.
*Vigil listed as the starting SLB
*Shaw and WJ3 listed ahead of Dennard (Biggest Surprise)
*Benewikere ahead of Russell for the final CB spot

So i just actually looked at the depth chart for the first time.

Mixon behind Peerman...hahahahhahahaha

Smith ahead of Hopkins even though Smith hasn't practiced ahead of him in a while

Ross behind Cody Core as the #5 or 6 receiver.  Yeah, you don't spend a #9 pick on your 5th WR.

I truly wonder if Marvin and Co are just trying to troll with their depth charts.  They're worthless.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

So i just actually looked at the depth chart for the first time.

Mixon behind Peerman...hahahahhahahaha

Smith ahead of Hopkins even though Smith hasn't practiced ahead of him in a while

Ross behind Cody Core as the #5 or 6 receiver.  Yeah, you don't spend a #9 pick on your 5th WR.

I truly wonder if Marvin and Co are just trying to troll with their depth charts.  They're worthless.

None of those really come off as a surprise anyway. The rookies traditionally have been near the depth chart, especially if the guy has an injury.

Again the only one that really surprises me is Dennard below both Shaw and Jackson. Makes me think that maybe Shaw gets the starting nod over both Jackson and Dennard in week 1

1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

None of those really come off as a surprise anyway. The rookies traditionally have been near the depth chart, especially if the guy has an injury.

Again the only one that really surprises me is Dennard below both Shaw and Jackson. Makes me think that maybe Shaw gets the starting nod over both Jackson and Dennard in week 1

Saw a tweet from dehner jr basically saying dennard was #1 nickle corner. But the depth chart doesn't have a nickle corner spot so they list that guy last. Dumb. 

12 hours ago, theJ said:

Saw a tweet from dehner jr basically saying dennard was #1 nickle corner. But the depth chart doesn't have a nickle corner spot so they list that guy last. Dumb. 

Yeah I saw that as well. To me, the depth chart especially this early doesn't mean anything. I will wait for the week 3 preseason lineups to say something. 

Archived