MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

20 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

I don't get the "he fights scared" narrative for Wonderboy. He was cautious of letting Woodley get close because he's an intelligent human being, he knows Woodley has big power and great wrestling, and he wanted to win the fight. But we saw in both fights, when Wonderboy gets tagged, he doesn't get shy or curl up in a ball. Forget about the clean cut all american look he has, he's a fighter.

I didn't impress me against Rory Mac either TBH. 

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

not gonna say I don't think Till can win. He's real talented, confident, big, and this is a test to see whether he's really legit or not. But if he pushes the pace on Wonderboy, not sure it will end well. There's a reason guys are tentative when striking with Wonderboy. His counters are incredible, he'll pull the matador act on you and land a strike from a ridiculous angle. It's not like he only has success because people let him stand on the outside.

Agreed. Till can win although a 49-46 decision would shock me if it wasnt in Wonderboy’s favor. 

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

How did Thompson look in his last fight against Masvidal? 

I missed that one. 

that fight was the lowlight of that mega NY card. he just outpointed him masterfully. wasn't very fun. thompson didn't play to masvidals strengths.. stayed outside for 15 minutes and just did his game/moved around/karate ****. i dont think masvidal ever got anything going. so he looked good. or maybe not. could be lying, who knows. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 9:53 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Till / Wonderboy coming up.. Who we all have here ?

You would think this should be a striking clinic but Wonderboy fights scared and tends to keep distances making fights boring asf. On the other hand Till likes to push the pace with his striking and could force Wonderboy to actually fight.

Prediction Till by UD probably 49-46 

Wonderboy very decisively. im still not on the Till bandwagon. besides the cowboy murking, he looked like kinda ho-hum in all his other fights. i dunno. i like him, but just not really sold until he looks impressive again sunday. also think this fight's gonna be boring. but still excited for it. if till wins he can be really fun. 

13 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

He completely neutralized one of the best WW fighters in the world, leaving him with no answer but imanari rolls

Rory was on his way to Bellator and looked like he didn't give a ****. I would hardly say he neutralized. He out pointed Rory in a disappointing match 

16 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Rory was on his way to Bellator and looked like he didn't give a ****. I would hardly say he neutralized. He out pointed Rory in a disappointing match 

Pretty sure he didn't think he was going to Bellator during that fight. Also would be weird to not fight that hard when that results in more kicks/punches to the face. Also I pretty sure he 5-0'd that fight, so pretty neutralizing. 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Pretty sure he didn't think he was going to Bellator during that fight. Also would be weird to not fight that hard when that results in more kicks/punches to the face. Also I pretty sure he 5-0'd that fight, so pretty neutralizing. 

Did you actually watch the fight ? They stood at distance jab, jab nothing. Rory was tentative and WB took 0 chances. If that's considered "neutralized" than I don't know what to say.

8 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Kamaru Usman is trash - boring, uninspiring fighter who has an excuse after every snoozer performance (which is the norm for him). 

I just want confirmation about his hands. If he didn't in fact break both hands, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for this one but yea he is usually uninspiring. 

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Did you actually watch the fight ? They stood at distance jab, jab nothing. Rory was tentative and WB took 0 chances. If that's considered "neutralized" than I don't know what to say.

Yeah, when Rory can't do anything but try and dive for a leglock from standing position, I think that counts as neutralizing him pretty well.