MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

think Maia vs Usman could be a great fight. See a lot of people saying Usman will just roll Maia on the feet, but we'll see how confident he is standing when he doesn't have a grappling advantage to fall back on.

Hopefully we see it go to the ground, to see whether Usman's top pressure can overcome the Demian's BJJ.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Krazy Horse (Charles Bennett) almost killed Colby Covington last night lol. Not the guy I wanna pick on outside a cage, Colby. xD

He's not Krazy horse anymore. He says he's felon now. I think it was felon anyways. He did Sonnens podcast awhile back. 

Good. I like Colby but that's what happens when you play the game. 

3 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

He's not Krazy horse anymore. He says he's felon now. I think it was felon anyways. He did Sonnens podcast awhile back. 

Good. I like Colby but that's what happens when you play the game. 

Ha, yeah. Bennett pulled back but it ended up being a "playful" motion and he never came forward. They all know Colby's really a punk outside the cage so they won't actually do anything to him. But, if you told me tomorrow that Bennett snapped on him, I wouldn't be surprised. He may be the one guy in all of MMA that isn't afraid to cross boundaries lol.

Fedor knocked out Mir. Looks like both guys' chin is gone, Fedor got clipped early, stayed alive and hit a beautiful hip toss, then ended up landing a short left hand shot and Mir went face down. Both guys looking kinda suspect.

Good thing for Fedor is that his semifinal is against Chael, who is not a power punching guy. Think it's the best matchup Fedor could ask for in the GP.

That fight was painful. First I kind of thought this was fake. Fedor got rocked and then managed a hip toss? That seems unlikely to do against someone like Mir who isn't a horrible wrestler/grappler like Rampage. So after the toss Mir got pounded and eventually ended...Just seemed like alot of Bellator HW fights where the winner got hurt early and "miraculously" wound up coming back and winner in surprising fashion.