MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Man, Blaydes wrestling is a problem for almost everyone in the heavyweight division. If he can be more aggressive with his gnp, as he was in finishing this fight, he'll be a pretty exciting fighter too.

Its kind of a shame Ngannou is matched already, because I think Blaydes vs Ngannou 2 is a great fight to make

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

only problem with this is that the commission stopped his weight cut, he says he would've made if not (which is reasonable to believe since he was so close). So the commission would basically be taking a point away. Would be a little fishy to let the commission have that much influence on fights.

He missed weight initially anyway. And if the commission stopped it, thats for good reason, it means he was trying to cut too much to late. Exactly the thing we want to discourage

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

He missed weight initially anyway. And if the commission stopped it, thats for good reason, it means he was trying to cut too much to late. Exactly the thing we want to discourage

Not really, because if he made weight in the last two hours there would be no consequences. It's the same as the 1 LBS allowance for non-title fights. If you are allowed to do it, it's basically part of the process.

I'm guessing the commission would stop every Yoel weight cut ever if they were monitoring them all. They just aren't around for the process. I guess that is the downside of missing the initial weigh-in.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Who do you guys have thru 3?

RDA doesn't seem tired to me, even tho that is all the commentary team is saying. Colby hasn't done much besides get in the clinch.

I think RDA is wearing down A BIT, but RDA definitely won the first round.