MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone excited for Cowboy-Edwards? I cant help but feel like this will be another loss for Cowboy and it sucks because he is so likable and the stereotypical fighter

Only fight on the card I'm excited for.

Jake Matthews rolled through his opponent, just demolished him. super impressive.

Shane Young (teammate of Israel Adesanya and Dan Hooker) put on a super exciting fight and won by tko in the 2nd. New Zealand MMA's really starting to make a rise. gotta be a matter of time until Kai Kara-France gets his shot in the ufc too.

this kid Song Yadong is crazy impressive. don't know how I haven't heard of him yet... 20 years old already with 14 pro fights before this one, training at TAM. looked great too, really complete, mature fight and got a tko pretty similar to Young, landing a huge elbow late in the 2nd. massive prospect right here.

wwoooooow

Pedro landed cleanly on OSP a bunch of times, knocked him down, looked like he might finish it. Almost had a guillotine locked up. Then OSP reversed a takedown and won by straight armbar. Pretty sure it's the first straight armbar sub I've seen in the UFC. classic OSP

Looks like we're going to get a Super Lightweight Division soon. Kevin Lee kinda spoiled it on Instagram.

155 - Lightweight
165 - Super Lightweight
175 - Welterweight

looks like the plan. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a 195 lbs division as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Looks like we're going to get a Super Lightweight Division soon. Kevin Lee kinda spoiled it on Instagram.

155 - Lightweight
165 - Super Lightweight
175 - Welterweight

looks like the plan. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a 195 lbs division as well.

Very interesting. Who does this benefit the most? Also doesnt this water down things a bit?

Although it could help with last minute additions 

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

13 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

wwoooooow

Pedro landed cleanly on OSP a bunch of times, knocked him down, looked like he might finish it. Almost had a guillotine locked up. Then OSP reversed a takedown and won by straight armbar. Pretty sure it's the first straight armbar sub I've seen in the UFC. classic OSP

Didn’t notice until after his post fight interview when he mentioned it but OSP is a very active LHW