MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

On 6/23/2018 at 2:47 PM, bkobow05 said:

Looks like we're going to get a Super Lightweight Division soon. Kevin Lee kinda spoiled it on Instagram.

155 - Lightweight
165 - Super Lightweight
175 - Welterweight

looks like the plan. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a 195 lbs division as well.

super lightweight sound dumb af

35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, 205, 225, 265

is the move 

On 6/23/2018 at 7:42 AM, Buckrock101 said:

huge debut from former ACB bantamweight champion Petr Yan. knocked down Ishihara a few times before the ref stopped it in the first. another big prospect in the lower weight classes

yeah Yan looked super good. 

The Leech is guaranteed fun in fights. Pedro looked super nice til it got to the ground. Maybe I'm just misremembering, but he had a ton of snap on his strikes.. seemed like way improved. 

Edited by jfinley88

7 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

super lightweight sound dumb af

35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, 205, 225, 265

is the move 

195 and 225 definitely make sense, but damn we're going to end up with a situation like womens 125/135/145. mw, lhw and hw are all kinda slim, gonna be even more so if they add more divisions

personally I don't care that much, but twitter and reddit are gonna be going off when we end up having Shogun vs Patrick Cummins for the belt

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

195 and 225 definitely make sense, but damn we're going to end up with a situation like womens 125/135/145. mw, lhw and hw are all kinda slim, gonna be even more so if they add more divisions

personally I don't care that much, but twitter and reddit are gonna be going off when we end up having Shogun vs Patrick Cummins for the belt

That is my concern as well. I guess it can make for more “money fights” bc 2 belt holders will fight but i think its silly to add several more divisions. Maybe 2 at best

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What do you guys make of 226? 

DC v Stipe?

Bless vs Ortega

Ngannou vs Black Beast

Showtime vs Maverick

Glad to see Rountree fighting a striker too because he is a turtle on his back. 

besides the first fight of the night, not a non-exciting fight on the card.

big names meets awesome match-ups. like it more than 225. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What do you guys make of 226? 

DC v Stipe?

Bless vs Ortega

Ngannou vs Black Beast

Showtime vs Maverick

Glad to see Rountree fighting a striker too because he is a turtle on his back. 

so many bangers. good lord.

Rountree vs Saki not getting any pub. but that's going to be fireworks. good god

Hooker vs Burns too. bruhhh

Bellator MMA’s tape-delayed nightmare is no more.

The promotion has agreed to terms on a new five-year, “nine-figure” distribution deal with online streaming service DAZN, Bellator officials announced Tuesday at a press conference at Viacom’s New York headquarters.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/26/17505834/bellator-announces-broadcast-deal-with-streaming-service-dazn

Not sure how I feel about this