MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the 9/29 Bellator card will only air on this DAZN network - as will another card in November. 

At a special press conference today at Viacom’s New York headquarters, Bellator officials announced a new “nine-figure, multi-year distribution deal” with sports streaming service DAZN, which will feature seven exclusive events per year, as well as another 15 events that are simulcast in the U.S. on Paramount and DAZN.

So certain events will be stream only but 2/3 of the cards will be on Paramount. Every fight card will be available on DAZN though.

Edited by bkobow05

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

So certain events will be stream only but 2/3 of the cards will be on Paramount. Every fight card will be available on DAZN though.

So yeah that's how I interpreted it too - bummer that the Sept 29 card (which looks to be absolutely stacked) will only be viewable via the DAZN app. 

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

So yeah that's how I interpreted it too - bummer that the Sept 29 card (which looks to be absolutely stacked) will only be viewable via the DAZN app. 

what an awful idea. they think bellator has enough pull to get ppl to pay for an irrelevant app nobody uses..

9 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

what an awful idea. they think bellator has enough pull to get ppl to pay for an irrelevant app nobody uses..

Bruh, you can just stream it online somewhere for free. Those sites will have it and it'll be just as good a quality most of the time. Once these sports started streaming online, the quality got better and easier to stream on non-paid websites lol. 

tbh retirements in MMA are never really news. anyone who announces their retirement has usually been done for a long time, and they are likely to come back anyway.

I guess I kinda see Rashad staying retired, since he has the analyst job. same as Bisping. but I'm gonna be shocked if Hendricks never fights again.

5 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

tbh retirements in MMA are never really news. anyone who announces their retirement has usually been done for a long time, and they are likely to come back anyway.

I guess I kinda see Rashad staying retired, since he has the analyst job. same as Bisping. but I'm gonna be shocked if Hendricks never fights again.

He'll come back once USADA is gone so he can get back to juicing.

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I think its the same way in the NFL for a lot of guys though, like lately it seems like some guys retire and we're like...."didnt this happen 3 years ago?

Anyone watch TUF? They kept talking about how great of a striker Allan was but he looked so freakin lost on the feet and Joe looked like the season striker and then finishes with a sub. I love the way this season is shaping up and could see 3-5 guys on the show stick around and get a UFC contract someday soon