MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Lewis said his fight set him back at least two fights lol. Still can’t believe how pathetic that “fight” was. Also said his doctor told him he needs to lose at least 25 pounds. 

22 minutes ago, PAW said:

Lewis said his fight set him back at least two fights lol. Still can’t believe how pathetic that “fight” was. Also said his doctor told him he needs to lose at least 25 pounds. 

Yeah, Dana just said that the fight didn't set Lewis back at all. With the way he was talking, he fully blames Ngannou. Sounds like nobody at the UFC likes Ngannou.

Edited by bkobow05

Really hope they load up that fight night card on 12/15 in Milwaukee at our new arena. I'll definitely be there for it. Don't need names, just want bangers. Get Showtime on the card vs, say, Lee or Iaquinta? Would like Sergio on the card but not sure where to go with him. He lost to Cejudo (#1) but beat Benavidez (#3) so nothing really makes sense for him right now while waiting for Mighty Mouse-Cejudo 2.

Edited by bkobow05

9 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, Dana just said that the fight didn't set Lewis back at all. With the way he was talking, he fully blames Ngannou. Sounds like nobody at the UFC likes Ngannou.

I think the quick rise to fame really hurt Ngannou as a fighter. he went from some guy off the streets to being one of the biggest stars in the ufc so quickly. mixed with his personality it's made it hard for him to be the same. coupled with the Stipe loss too.

although anyone else notice Ngannou seemed to have the same staph mark on his chest Kevin Lee had against Tony? seemed verrrry similar. maybe he's still gone mentally, but if he was fighting with staph that wouldn't have helped.

can't help feel like maybe the eyepokes from DC played a part in that fight. we need a new glove design. have one that extends out and covers most of the fingers. I really don't think it will have much of a negative effect on the grappling, and it should help stop so many of these accidental eyepokes from guys who like to handfight or maintain distance.

2 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

btw the best moment of the night? Chiesa doing the finger wag and getting knocked down and submitted directly after. god he's a dork.

That was such a great sequence. Pettis subbing Chiesa was the most shocking moment of the night IMO. He snatched that triangle armbar up super fast and when Chiesa went to counter it, he was one step ahead to sink it in. It was beautiful.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

That was such a great sequence. Pettis subbing Chiesa was the most shocking moment of the night IMO. He snatched that triangle armbar up super fast and when Chiesa went to counter it, he was one step ahead to sink it in. It was beautiful.

not super shocking to me. Pettis is well known for his back submissions. and Chiesa is just an overconfident dude, he definitely didn't respect the danger Pettis brings off his back.

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

not super shocking to me. Pettis is well known for his back submissions. and Chiesa is just an overconfident dude, he definitely didn't respect the danger Pettis brings off his back.

Ha fair enough. I really hope Showtime is back.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

DC said he won't fight Lewis or Volkov. Said he'll only fight Lesnar, Stipe, Jones or, if "he does something special vs Volkan" Gustafsson.

saw something about the plan is for him to defend 205 while Lesnar goes through USADA and then fight Lesnar. but I'm not sure I see that. both guys aren't getting any younger, they need to make hay before it's too late. and it seems like DC's put on a decent bit of mass, I'm not sure if he wants to drop that and put it on again.

the timeline that makes the most sense to me would be a Lesnar fight late this year/early next (probably depends on whether Lesnar is in the testing pool already or not), and then the winner fights Jones