MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Interesting, the TUF finale is the day before the FN in Australia. Would suggest Whittaker-Gastelum will be on that card? Makes sense to be in Aus, but on a fight night card, in Adelaide too, is weird.

So we have the MW title in December (either that card or the Toronto ppv). Khabib-McGregor i guess at 229 or 230. Holloway-Ortega at one of those cards too, also Woodley-Covington to be booked. I guess Nunes-Cyborg as well maybe? Could see that at the MSG card.

Was there beef between Chiesa and Pettis? I was unaware of it but it definitely seemed like they didnt like each other. Just happy to see this fight. I am a big Maverick fan but very happy for Pettis too. Hopefully the whole more BJJ less wrestling worry means he becomes more Showtime

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Watching the video before the fight. I just dont think DC can be the GOAT even after this fight. I need him to beat Jon Jones. Those loses really leave a bad taste in my mouth if we are talking GOAT

Jones has T/E levels that pretty much guaranteed he was on the juice before the fight at 182. And then he popped for turinabol which overturned his win at 214.

Not sure you can really hold it against Cormier for losing twice to a juiced out contender for GOAT.

I mean if Cormier isn’t #1, he’s #2 behind Jones. And if you believe Jones to be a cheat, he’s the #1. At least imo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Jones has T/E levels that pretty much guaranteed he was on the juice before the fight at 182. And then he popped for turinabol which overturned his win at 214.

Not sure you can really hold it against Cormier for losing twice to a juiced out contender for GOAT.

I mean if Cormier isn’t #1, he’s #2 behind Jones. And if you believe Jones to be a cheat, he’s the #1. At least imo.

I get that, its just so hard to forget how bad those losses were. People want to make the 1st fight out to be closer than it was. At no point did Jones look in trouble. Easily the closest Jones ever came to losing was Gusty

I dont think DC can be considered the GOAT yet. He can get there imo but i still like guys like Silva, GSP, even Aldo