MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

On 7/8/2018 at 6:35 AM, Buckrock101 said:

nothing happened. it was just a short hook right on the button from a 250 pound man (with dad strength). that shot puts everyone in the world down.

I feel like he's taken bigger punches from bigger punchers in the past and never got phased. Maybe because this one he never saw coming, or maybe his chin is gone like what happened with JDS, Chuck, Hunt, etc.

7 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I feel like he's taken bigger punches from bigger punchers in the past and never got phased. Maybe because this one he never saw coming, or maybe his chin is gone like what happened with JDS, Chuck, Hunt, etc.

Eh, Stipe's been stunned multiple times before, he's just recovered really quickly. I know Reem and Ngannou caught him but he survived. Can't remember with JDS. Obviously Struve got him. His recovery is good, his chin is meh.

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk i dont think his chin is gone, i just think he got caught with a shot that would put anyone down 

Nobody is saying his chin is gone. Saying his chin isn't what's special. It's his recovery. He's been tagged plenty.

11 hours ago, Mossburg said:

There's just a bunch of super small things that make the difference between a ko punch or not, imo. Like how Overeem had looked like he could be slept by a slight breeze, then went out and took a bunch of shots from Mark freaking Hunt with no bother

He also was moving toward the punch on the break, circling out to his left. Similar to the shot that Overeem caught him with and he was able to recover from. Props to DC for pouring it on and finishing the fight. He still isn't better than Jones on any planet, but he's a likable guy who works his *** off and by all accounts earned this moment. 

4 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

He also was moving toward the punch on the break, circling out to his left. Similar to the shot that Overeem caught him with and he was able to recover from. Props to DC for pouring it on and finishing the fight. He still isn't better than Jones on any planet, but he's a likable guy who works his *** off and by all accounts earned this moment. 

He's better than Bones on planet CycleOff.

Early word seems like 226 PPV numbers could be around 400K or less. It's been well known that Tapout shirt boys don't care for Dad Bod DC...or Stipe I guess, but this seems like it should have done much better.

Not surprising why Brock is back in the picture to give the winner of that fight a PPV boost, even in a loss, because "OMG that guy beat Brock Lesnar! BROCK LESNAR!"

On 7/8/2018 at 8:32 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Arent you the guy that likes Mike Perry?

Mike Perry is a character.. but I can see how he rubs people the wrong way. He needed to get out of his hometown (coincidentally also my hometown) to progress as a fighter. It looked like switching camps helped him to do that.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

Early word seems like 226 PPV numbers could be around 400K or less. It's been well known that Tapout shirt boys don't care for Dad Bod DC...or Stipe I guess, but this seems like it should have done much better.

Crazy, the card was so good. Except the Ngannu fight. They were all bangers! Even the undercards had some legit scraps. "Dad Bod DC" lol... so true.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

Not surprising why Brock is back in the picture to give the winner of that fight a PPV boost, even in a loss, because "OMG that guy beat Brock Lesnar! BROCK LESNAR!"

They trying to recruit from the fans that haven't watched since UFC 100? I wish Lesnar would just go away.

We really might of saw the two greatest ever go at it in Jones vs Cormier II. Jones might be the greatest ever and Cormier #2. Cormier will beat any man past or present not named Jon Jones. Jon Jones will beat anyone period.

After Jones KO last time, I never wanted to see them fight again. But now Cormier has two belts, Jones needs to go after the biggest fish and reclaim the best ever title..  Jones vs Cormier at Heavyweight for the title would be interesting. There would be absolutely no excuse for Cormier if he loses to Jones if the fight is at Heavyweight. I don't even care if Jones is juicing. No excuse.

Heavyweight Title

Daniel Cormier's Retirement Fight

Daniel Cormier(c) vs Jon Jones

The Final Chapter.

3 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I'm shocked it didnt do better. It was a pretty stacked card. The Ngannou/Lewis fight was all-time bad but on paper it was supposed to be someone's jaw winding up in the front row

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We really might of saw the two greatest ever go at it in Jones vs Cormier II. Jones might be the greatest ever and Cormier #2. Cormier will beat any man past or present not named Jon Jones. Jon Jones will beat anyone period.

After Jones KO last time, I never wanted to see them fight again. But now Cormier has two belts, Jones needs to go after the biggest fish and reclaim the best ever title..  Jones vs Cormier at Heavyweight for the title would be interesting. There would be absolutely no excuse for Cormier if he loses to Jones if the fight is at Heavyweight. I don't even care if Jones is juicing. No excuse.

Heavyweight Title

Daniel Cormier's Retirement Fight

Daniel Cormier(c) vs Jon Jones

The Final Chapter.

As someone that hates on DC (admittedly more than i should) I just cant agree with the bolded. If he fights Jones again, loses but Jones pops for PEDs i still think its an excuse. My problem is the last fight(albeit with a juiced Jones) just makes me not want to see it again even if Jones is clean. Its tough to want to see that matchup again because it was never close at all. Like if New England beat a team 50-0 in the playoffs during spy gate. Yea they cheated but am i really excited to see that matchup again assuming they dont cheat again? Not really

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As someone that hates on DC (admittedly more than i should) I just cant agree with the bolded. If he fights Jones again, loses but Jones pops for PEDs i still think its an excuse. My problem is the last fight(albeit with a juiced Jones) just makes me not want to see it again even if Jones is clean. Its tough to want to see that matchup again because it was never close at all. Like if New England beat a team 50-0 in the playoffs during spy gate. Yea they cheated but am i really excited to see that matchup again assuming they dont cheat again? Not really

I agree with you.. but it is possible it makes sense. They can hype it up as arguably the two best P4P fighters ever, this time at heavyweight, Jones needs to win to reclaim the P4P throne, Cormier needs to win to have an argument as P4P fighter ever or risk finishing like 25-3 or whatever, with all three losses to the same guy.